xisto Community
velma

Going Mobile: Is It Possible To Post On Knowledge Sutra Through Ancient Cell Phones Something like wordpress

Anyone knows of any app/feature or plugin that would let me post on the forums without having to load the entire forum?? I was thinking in the lines of the email option in wordpress since that is how I update my blog. I am always on the move so I have to rely on mobile connections (internet cafes and wi-fi)to get my work done but that too is getting more difficult and pretty soon I will have to start using my cell phone(ancient model >_< )to start posting. And I am pretty sure the phone would explode if I decide to load the entire forum :PI need an app where I can see the most recent topics/posts and an option to reply back. And an option to add a new topic... Any suggestions?

Knowledge Sutra does have an option to view the new content on the forum through a feed and that should help you get only the latests posts on your phone. If you can provide more information about the model and capabilities of your phone, I may be able to work up a better solution.WordPress does have an option to receive posts through email but with a forum, such a feature would be difficult to use because you can't really tell the forum which thread you are replying to but you can create new threads with a different email address for each sub-forum. Would you really want to have the limited ability to create new threads without replying to an existing thread? For posting new threads, we can have a mod to the forum scheduled through a cron job (that's another disadvantage of having an email to forum mod - your post would not appear instantaneously).BTW, you would be surprised at the capabilities of even older phones at handling a large amount of textual content. Text uses much less space than images, especially when compressed and if you do not need support for languages other than English.

I originally had this very old samsung phone which I kept aside since I got htc pro.. But traveling and HTC don't go all that well so I recently got a new phone for my birthday, its Samsung Champ Duos. It loads the forum really nicely but the thing is the text placement, its all iffy and I really need to be able to post through my cell phone like I would on a computer so the rss & email option is a no no for me :(

I think there was a mobile skin for the forums earlier.. Any ideas about that?

That is all dependent on model and platform on which your mobile manufactured. As in my case i have dell streak pro which is a windows mobile of dell, make me able to post here.