xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Wordpress And Ftp Mishap

I installed Wordpress using Fantastico a few months ago. Recently, I decided to try some other programs to create my site. So, I deleted the SQL Database that had Wordpress. Then I deleted all traces of wordpress in the file manager. Next, I decided to use filezilla to upload an html file created using kompozer. The file shows up in file manager just fine in the public_html file.When I visit my website though, ealpha.net, all I get are a bunch of errors like: Warning: require(./wp-blog-header.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ealphane/public_html/index.php on line 17Warning: require(./wp-blog-header.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ealphane/public_html/index.php on line 17Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './wp-blog-header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/ealphane/public_html/index.php on line 17I tried to upload all files again, but that did not seem to fix the problem. On the cpanel forums, it was suggested that I remove the index.php file from public_html. Now that I did that, the following appears when I visit my site: ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access / on this server.Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.What am I doing wrong? I am a super beginner, so any help is much appreciated

honestly this is the first time i see someone who deletes wordpress files and wants to replace them with html files!! this is so wrong because wordpress is just like a complete building structure, that everything is depending on everything. so messing with fils and wanting to replacing them is a huge mistake in my opinion. especially with html files, because wordpress files work on php files extensions only and never read anything with an html extension.so,i suggest you to delete everything and install wordpress again. start from the beginng and i hope you backuped your files so you can return the data again. good luck and keep us informed with the results.

Yea. Like web_designer said, Wordpress is a complete package and you don't really need to add anything in. Just upload it again and just get into your site. The installer will do it all for you =]

To people that have already responded: try to at least help this guy with his problems and not talk about what software he should be using for his site, it's his will if he wants to delete your favorite program.

Anyway, the problem was that you hadn't first deleted the index.php file of wordpress. You have to delete all files that are related to WordPress (and the database) to get rid of WP. You also have to activate the option to see hidden files and then delete a file called ".htaccess". I see that you have deleted the index.php now, which is good. Don't delete the "cgi-bin" folder

The reason it's giving that error is because there isn't an index.html/php file for it to load to the browser. 404 means that Apache (the server software) couldn't find the file. So after you've cleared up the directory, upload your folders and files of choice to the public_html directory to be able to access them when visiting the domain.