xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

I Will Change Knowledgesutra I am tired of this...

Well I have to say that I am tired of Knowledgsutra. Yeah you read well. I am tired of all the spam and non-quality post and all those threads that bored me. I left the forum a year ago because my priorities changed and I forgot the website projects that I had so I came back a weeks ago and because my main language is not english and I haven´t the custom of write in english I was in a slow posting rate. But now I am totally back and I have to be honest: Xisto is not the same anymore. Yeah I said it. I still remember the old Xisto and the adictive that site was for me. I spent almost all nigth reading, posting and sharing my knowledge with good posters like anwii, webdesigner, k_nitin_r and I remember to these posters because they used to post almost everyday in Xisto and I imagine that they posted because they enjoyed to post not for hosting plans of domains. Well now the Xisto forum is good designed but in the content that is offering to the guest is reduced. All the forums are full of spam. And I have to say this: Why you admins or moderators created the technical forums like programming and graphics and animationsif the atraction of the old Xisto was the absence of them?

These forums like programming and graphics are bored to all of us that have a little knowledge and interest for this type of topics. For that type of material there is another forum called Xisto which I actually don´t visit because the topics are not interesting for me. I have to be critic because I love this forum I love the essence under was created a years ago. Actually there is no any better post-to-host forum in the hosting packages, like these forums. But I need quality WE need quality and good information in the forums not spam. And this forum can change and I am interested in changing this forum and I will make some good quality topics to change the spam tradition in the last months this is my challenge and I expose to you in this topic to get your help to save this forum of the spam and poor-quality post.

For that we need to start doing this: Sharing our knowledge. But in a good way and useful information that can generate debate and traffic to the forum from the search engines that is the last objective of the creators of this site. I don´t care if we post funny things or serious things but please post good things and not only words to collect the Mycents and continues with our hosting packages. We can change this forum to a new way in team. Posters moderator and the admin can change this forum. I will make my part. One: because I love this forum and I want to back and enjoy it and Two: because I am not interested in the dissapear of Xisto and Xisto because like you I need the hosting plans to host my websites because there is no any post-to-host site that offers me the advantages that these forums and Xisto can give me.

Well this is my challenge and I wait for your help. Please save this forum from the spam and make good quality post. The Mycents will come alone don´t forget about them they will come alone to your Xisto´s accounts. So I hope this topic change the mind of a lot of posters and I hope the admin and the moderators read it.

My final objective: The glory of this forum.

Regards.

Edited by fermin25 (see edit history)

i admire your enthusiasm. it starts with a good admin team to moderate the moderators though. we don't have that base foundation. then we need good moderators. out with the old and in with the new. we don't have that either. lastly, we need contributors. we had that but it is fading faster that a fly can land on poop.i hear ya though. those categories that don't interest you, interest other people so they shouldn't be disgarded. this is a general forum. just post in the areas of your interest like everyone else :)i don't know how much luck you will have changing Xisto, but i support ya none the less.

I certainly hope everyone else is inspired by your post and will jump and and start some interesting topics! I've been away for a little while again, and I was amazed at how few new posts are here in my absense. And for spam, wow, I remember 3 years ago there was very little spam here. Now there's ton's of it. It's downright annoying. I hope if we all stick it out and keep on posting, eventually things will get better again.

It might be nice to join the complaint brigade. Since about one year posts appear of people complaining about the forum. And other people or the same people complain about the posts of other members. The result of this seems to be negative. Telling what the problem is is the start of solving the problem. To be able to say in words what the problem is means that the problem is recognized. After telling what the problem is the next step is to find solutions for the problem. And when solutions are found it is possible to search for information to see what solutions can be reached. And when one solution is chosen or more possible solutions are chosen the next step is to look for ways to obtain the solution. So after complaining about the quality of the forum it is time to come up with solutions and possible activities to reach the solution. There have been a lot of complaints on the forum. This means Xisto can change its name into complaintssutra. It helps the quality of the forum to give solutions for the problem, if there is any problem at all to start with.

I agree that the time of whining has passed and now it's time for solutions. One of the problems is spam. So I think the mods should start eliminating spam, and users who post spam. Suspending Eza for about 300+ years would be a good start. Next, make a rating system for topics (for spam recognition). If someone with less posts than 20 makes a new topic, users with over 200 posts should be able to mark it as spam. When it has 5 spam votes, it should become invisible and should be moved to the moderation queue. That way it's out of sight immediately, without the need of moderators... you know... actually moderating the violation reports of the users.

Awesome initiative fermin. I guess the first thing to be done is to stop new accounts from posting new threads. I hate the number of adverts on fresh threads here for making money or selling ebooks. They need to be deleted without a second thought or Ks will have nothing but spam.EDIT: typo.

Edited by magnafrost (see edit history)

Thank You. I can personally help with all topics related to PHP and MySQL :) Let me know if you want to create any topics in this category.