xisto Community
burgen

Firefox 1.01 Is Up For Grab

Just as a note, even though they say to uninstall the old one first, i installed it over it on all 3 of my pc's, and it worked fine. even kept my bookmarks and cookies and everything.its good that they fixed that, the old updates used to wipe everything.

I did the same thing 88 and it worked fine for me, thanks for telling me about this burgen!

well i have trouble after installing firefox and i called developers about this but got no reply.my antivirus real time scan is stopped with pc-cillin 2004.i dont know what id the relation between those two but i really got bad experience with firefox now.anyway it is not even updating its plugin also.i dont know what to do but anyway what you think about their support.

Just as a note, even though they say to uninstall the old one first, i installed it over it on all 3 of my pc's, and it worked fine. even kept my bookmarks and cookies and everything.

its good that they fixed that, the old updates used to wipe everything.

53796[/snapback]

You may be right but I will still suggest you to uninstall the previous version. I have done this and my bookmarks, history, themes and extensions are still there. It is because they are kept in Profiles directory not in the Firefox program directory.

The uninstall of previous version is recommened so that all the previous bugs can be removed.

I am thinking of getting it though the first one wasn't so much faster than I thought it would be and it really didn't expand for anything that I use IE for anyways. Maybe it is just because I have a dial up connection and thus it really wasn't the thing that controled the speed ofmy internet browsing. I should dl it and then I'll see what I think about it.