xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Media Player Makes My Song Sound Like It's Drowning media player issues w/ my usb drive and or mp3

i downloaded all my music off my hard drive and put it on a usb to take to work and play on that computer, same windows media player and same vista, but on my work's computer it sounds drowned out, the backtrack plays fine, i can hear the back-up singers, but not the main singer or main chords. what is causing this? is there anything i can do to fix it. i am not allowed to change or access anything at work, they monitor them like the gates of mordor. please help!

Some computers (with their default sound cards like realtek) have a thing that lets you change your "environmental sound" with the equalizer, key or reverb effects. One of the presets is even Underwater. I wouldn't be surprised if someone experimented with this and left the sound all screwed up. There might be an icon on your taskbar that allows you to open up this audio manager and adjust the reverb settings. If you don't find an icon, it would be in the Control Panel too. If reverb FX aren't the problem, it might just be the EQ. Some EQ settings make music sound awful.