xisto Community
Baniboy

Ready To Laugh At Another Group Of Stupid People?

Dear sutra members and spammers. I am informing you of another chance point your finger at stupid people and laugh till the dawn. Yes... I'm talking about the "rapture" that is supposed to happen tomorrow (21st). Apparently, the world will start ending (hehe) on that day. I know that the 2012 prophesy is most delicious one as we'll get to laugh hard at some really stupid that are being taken seriously by some <add stupid people here>. But in the mean time, we may enjoy the journey.End of the world weather forecast in Helsinki: +12 C at 9:00, topping at 15:00 with +17 C. I think I'm going to drink my coffee on the balcony tomorrow morning and watch the world burn down. Apocalypse BBQ at my house at 3 pm. It may seem a bit too cold, but I assure you that when the sun shines, you'll feel warm enough.Afterparty on 22nd. Bring your own cups.

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

hmmm, this word "rapture" is really new to me. i googled it and searched enough to know exactly what is it :). and it was interesting information you know, anyway, i must say that even i don't believe that someone knows where the end of the world will be?? but myself i do believe that the end of the world will come someday, and prophets will lead us, also i believe in heaven and hell. so, i should consider myself one of the stupids right?? :)

hmmm, this word "rapture" is really new to me. i googled it and searched enough to know exactly what is it :). and it was interesting information you know, anyway, i must say that even i don't believe that someone knows where the end of the world will be?? but myself i do believe that the end of the world will come someday, and prophets will lead us, also i believe in heaven and hell. so, i should consider myself one of the stupids right?? :)

I'm talking about someone who has predicted the date of the end of the world two times now, and has failed. I'm not talking religion or you now. Kinda bored with that really.

I'm talking about someone who has predicted the date of the end of the world two times now, and has failed. I'm not talking religion or you now. Kinda bored with that really.

i know that it is all about predicting the date of the end of the world, and as you said this is stupid. but i like to joke with you a little :P:). any way let's wait and see :) and i will drink hot chocolate too waiting for the big event ;) .

please.....let's not joke about the end of the world. the most important thing to consider here is that bani is throwing a party, and i'm coming!

Oh well count me in Bani!!! I too think it is our chance to make fun of those ridiculous people who always come up with hillarious predictions! Are you going to have pizza and ice cream? :P:) Actually I will be standing in the backyard when the world ends :)

I woke up Today and it's not the end of the world as it was on the news, I also was a skeptic about this story :D

Here is the link to the guy who failed two times now to predict the end of the world, don't know, maybe I could get famous if I told that the end of the world will be on august 21? or something :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping

Harold Egbert Camping (born July 19, 1921) is a Christian radio broadcaster[1] and president of Family Radio, a California-based religious broadcasting network that spans more than 150 outlets in the United States as well as a website. He has used Bible-based numerology to predict dates for the end of the world.[2] His current end times prediction is that the Rapture will be on May 21, 2011 and that God will completely destroy the Earth and the universe five months later on October 21.[3][4] He had previously predicted that the Rapture would occur in September 1994.[5]

So it's another beautiful day for me, as it's already 21 May :P

Yea well the party is canceled since the world didn't start ending. At least not in my time zone.We need a zombie apocalypse, that would be way cooler than some lame-*bottom* rapture.

I woke up Today and it's not the end of the world as it was on the news, I also was a skeptic about this story :D
Here is the link to the guy who failed two times now to predict the end of the world, don't know, maybe I could get famous if I told that the end of the world will be on august 21? or something :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping

So it's another beautiful day for me, as it's already 21 May :P

you should wait till it ends :))
joking joking who really take these predictions serioussly?i don't
only god know's when the end of the world as we know will be :D
can i also come to the party ?? :D

Hmmm.. I always find people so eager to laugh at rapture-believers and creationists. The media loves it, but they always seem to make the assumption that all Christians believe in this kind of stuff. I know a lot of these hardcore athiests (the kinds who pick fights over YouTube and think of themselves as vigilantes, saving the world with their Renaissance ideas) will have woken up on the day of the rapture and thought: HA, take that organized religion! But in all honesty, this kind of stuff is believed by less than 5% of Christians and other religious folk. With that said, yeah. It's stupid, but people are entitled to their own beliefs (not something I say a lot).

well this wasn't a belief. this was a prediction made by someone who has tried to predict other things that turned out to be false. where does it end? i doubt even 5% believed in his prediction. people have a right to believe what they want, sure....as long as i have a right to make fun of them and believe they belong in jail or a nut house

well this wasn't a belief. this was a prediction made by someone who has tried to predict other things that turned out to be false. where does it end? i doubt even 5% believed in his prediction. people have a right to believe what they want, sure....as long as i have a right to make fun of them and believe they belong in jail or a nut house

Oh yeah, I'm all for tolerance, not automatic respect. Feel free to laugh at any organisation, it's important to keep everyone in their place. I was just more concerned about the media and some of the more hardcore atheists doing the standard thing of lumping in an entire group with a few mental cases.