xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Is He My Rebound Relationships

I just got through a MESSY break up n straight after one of my best m8s told me he likes me. I sed let's date first n c how it goes n somehow we ended up In a relationship. The thing is I'm still licking my wounds from the first guy. I made a mistake by jumping too quickly but I really like my current boyfriend. He is really sweet, caring and treats my like a princess. He's also really calm unlike my aggressive ex who threatened to beat my brothers up (c messy break up :( ).My dilemma is I'm still getting over my ex. Sometimes. In my head I'm like.... He'll change n be less angry n we'll be together. But I know that's not the case because when I talk to him I want to hit my head on the table. He acts like a angry thug and never considers other peoples' feelings!!!!!!So am I on the rebound, because I think of my ex?if so I should break up with my current bf, as he's amazing and only deserves the best. I've never had someone treat me so well consistently. He even calls me his little princess ;)...So am I on the rebound, n if so what do I do?

I just got through a MESSY break up n straight after one of my best m8s told me he likes me. I sed let's date first n c how it goes n somehow we ended up In a relationship. The thing is I'm still licking my wounds from the first guy. I made a mistake by jumping too quickly but I really like my current boyfriend. He is really sweet, caring and treats my like a princess. He's also really calm unlike my aggressive ex who threatened to beat my brothers up (c messy break up :( ).

My dilemma is I'm still getting over my ex. Sometimes. In my head I'm like.... He'll change n be less angry n we'll be together. But I know that's not the case because when I talk to him I want to hit my head on the table. He acts like a angry thug and never considers other peoples' feelings!!!!!!

So am I on the rebound, because I think of my ex?if so I should break up with my current bf, as he's amazing and only deserves the best. I've never had someone treat me so well consistently. He even calls me his little princess ;)...

So am I on the rebound, n if so what do I do?

First of all I am very glad that you have found a new boyfriend, after the breakup and at the same time your current boyfriend is much better than the previous one as you said. Now the real question comes is "is your new boyfriend trying to be too much cordial, flattering, flirting with you?" Or he actually means what he does. It will not be a good idea at this moment to commit yourself to the new person that you are getting involved with. Rather my suggestion would be to keep dating this person so that you can understand him better and under different situations. If he's a real man and loves you, he will face every situation to protect you.

As for your previous boyfriend, if he starts bullying and/or becomes too much possessive, in your case threatened to beat up your brother, it will not be a good idea to keep any further relationship with him. In my opinion, your ex-boyfriend doesn't care about your feelings but rather shows himself off and thinks you as his property. People of this kind are very abusive, torturous, and inhumane. Love is not their cup of tea. However saying all this from a distance and not knowing the depth of your relationship is a difficult comment to be justified. In almost all cases your ex-boyfriend needs to be dumped.

I have seen people who within a very short time can forget their past and continue to lead a normal life with new people and friends with much ease. But if you're not one of those kind and are very emotional then you must take caution and wait before you move into another relationship. I hope your new boyfriend is aware of your past and accepts you as you are. It is observed in most men that they do not like their girlfriend having a past life. Many men complain that their girlfriend did not tell them of their past or are still in touch with their ex.

If you are in some college and your ex-boyfriend is in the same class or college as is your new boyfriend then the situation becomes even more tricky. It also applies boyfriends being from the same friends circle. Keep your relationship straightforward and do not commit into it until you're fully satisfied that the new person you are dealing with is the right man. And make sure your friends opinions and their findings are very important to make a final judgement. As I mentioned in one of my posts before that you must always think with your head and not your heart when it comes for the matter of life. For a small casual things or a pastime, your heart may rule.

So go ahead and spend your time as happily as you can with the hope of a new brighter tomorrow ---- you little princess.
Edited by MayukhDebnath (see edit history)

i don't know if i heard correctly. did you say that your friend told you he liked you before you had a messy breakup? if so, shame on him and shame on you. i am not too keen about a person jumping in to another relationship too quickly either. obviously you don't have any closure here yet. this could actually hurt your current relationship and this other guy. although if it does, you both deserve it and should learn from this experience.so are you on the rebound? hard to say. it depends on how you feel about your ex and how he treated you and it depends on how you feel with this new guy and how he treats you. what i can say is that you aren't ready to be in another relationship if you don't have closure with your ex. you still think about him, you still wonder things, you still talk to him, etc....etc...what you need to be thinking is what is best for YOU. is your ex best for you? if not, then you made the right decision in not being with him. is this new guy right for you? he can say all the nice things and pretty words, but is he right for you and a commitment from you? if no, then you need to remain just friends. if yes, then it gets tricky. since you don't have closure yet with your ex, then it's unfair for this relationship and this other guy right now. it can really hurt this relationship before it even gets started. if you both are up for the challenge though and very understanding towards eachother, it COULD work. it depends what this new guy feels too. why does he like you more than friends? why was he trying to disrespect your old relationship by telling you how he feels and indirectly causing a breakup with your ex? i dunno. it sounds like a lot of drama to me when i am trying to read between the lines. personally, i think you are all pretty much immature and don't know the first thing about a relationship.my ultimate advice to you is to end ties with both guys and figure out what you want from your own life. jumping from one relationship to another dictates that you are a needy person. you need a man in your life or something. you are trying to find comfort with your life in someone else who can be close to you. if you are young and keep doing this, then this will be all you know. so please just stop it and find yourself before trying to fill that void you seem to have with a male figure in your life that will probably not be able to fill your void either. find yourself, THEN share your life with someone else. don't do it backwards because you will be setting yourself up for failure.