xisto Community
m_rahman

How 2 Download An Assembler?

Yes osknockout for sure, but just to get my feet wet first, looking to tutorials and discovering what is programming the metal. scary at first, i'll look to the toturials.

True, but I doubt m_rahman is going to start by making an OS. He needn't worry about optimization until that point or the point of a major project.

well, i may think of writing a screen saver first :D , then advance to a Hello World calculator.

Thanks vizskywalker for your toturials.

well, i may think of writing a screen saver first :D , then advance to a Hello World calculator.
Thanks vizskywalker for your toturials.

A hello world calculator? Well you're starting pretty high off if you're going for a screen saver. My first did nothing, and the second one right after that printed Hello World! on DOS. In fact, I haven't made a screensave or calculator yet, still getting down the intermediate topics. Besides, that'd be kind of hard, learning all those VGA routines and some real pixel clocking. They are pretty good tutorials, better than the first ones I've read.

Very well, I concede that point, although optimization is something I'm still struglling with, especially in my assembler. I wonder if anything is ever truly fully optimized.

Well let's not get too philosophical here :D but you raise a good point. Optimization almost comes second hand to me, but then again, I'm still struggling on the different types of memory segmentation.

Actually, VGA routines are very easy and don't require knowledge of pixel clocking. Pixel clocking comes into play with SVGA. I'm not exactly sure what a Hello World calculator is, but I'd be happy to help with that, the screensaver, or any other projects. The next tutorial will go up probably on Sunday, and I almost have Linux and NASM figured out. I just need to take care of the headers. Happy programming.

A hello world calculator? Well you're starting pretty high off if you're going for a screen saver

it was a joke, have a sense of humor man :D .
about VGA routines, i've a quesion here, will my VGA burn if i try to fill its memory more than it can stand? and so every device.

VGA memory is actually stored in a special section of RAM, so no, you won't burn the graphics card. What you will do is overwrite data that is probably crucial to some other program, but restarting the computer will fix that. And haha, that's a funny joke.

Oh I get it... hello world calculator. Could you guys give me some tutorial links for VGA graphics? I haven't really delved into graphics programming, but I learned a bunch about pixel clocking some time ago.

Thanks, those links very really helpful. I'll be awaiting your VGA tutorials then...

FAsm is OK. TASM is very good better than MASM. but if you working 64 bit OS you need learn DOS asm. it will help you. What you need to do buy book about alactronics,diod, study about register, interrupts... and have some experience. after that start write the code.

Hey man,Get your self a nasm, It is open source assembler, it is a very small download, Works like a gemI am also making my project on operating system and i also used NASM assembler, it runs in a command line and is quick, I think there should be one compiler for every compiled language in the world and same should be for interpreter.Bye

ASM Stack

Hi from Begueradj :

Could we use 2 stacks in an ASM program ?

Thank you very much

-reply by Begueradj

turbo c++

You can download turbo c compiler from

Zainlucky.Co.Cc

There is c language program folder then you can go to the next page there is

A small link name as tc.Zip download it thats all

-reply by zain