xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Asus Laptop Screen Not Working HELP

Hi there,I was watching a movie on my laptop, and just before I fell asleep the screen went black. I figured it had gone into sleep mode and didn't think anything of it. When I got up the next day I closed the lid and didn't attempt to use it until later that night. When I turned it on, it powered up as usual, the screen came on (black, but light behind it as thought it was about to load)...but that's as far as it gets. After about 2 minutes it goes completely black, but I can hear the music play as it enters windows.I tried using an external monitor but that didn't work either (though I'm not sure if that's related, because I have tried in the past and my laptop never recognized the external screen).I've taken out the battery and put it back in, tried using it without the battery, tried pressing every damn key that could possibly bring it out of hibernation (if it is, in fact, in hibernation) but nothing works.The exact same thing happened to my desktop not too long ago, and it turned out it was just in hibernation (a friend fixed it but I'm unsure how), so I don't believe the screen is broken or anything.Any suggestions would be extremely helpful as this has happened in the middle of me writing my thesis!!!Thanks.

My Toshiba computer did this once too. I never actually got it fixed. Tried removing the battery and nothing. But it could also be the power supply. If someone else has a cord, you could test theirs into your computer, though I'm not sure how many people would have that exact cord. So it might not be charging. You should just take it to the store and ask them to run a diagnosis. If they try and charge you, tell them you won't pay anything till you at least know the problem. I am a Mac User, but one thing I hated about owning a regular PC laptop is the fact that you have to take it to some shop who is likely to try and charge you like $70 per hour. Sometimes even try to charge you just to take a look. At least look at it and diagnose me a problem before you take my money! So if you've tried plugging it into a different outlet, removing the battery -- maybe taking out the hard drive and putting it back in, and nothing is working, than you may need to just take it in for a repair.