xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spathi

Whats Your Favorite Forum System?

Whats your favorite forum system?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Theres tons of forum systems out there, so which one is your favorite?For me it all depends on the situation. SMF is my favorite php\MySQL forum system since it blows away any version of IPB, and is comparable to VBulletin, while still being incredibly stable, and also it's free. My favorite CGI\Perl board is YaBB 2, which is on the exact same level as SMF in terms of features (Y2 has some features SMF dosent, SMF has some Y2 dosent).So, whats your guy's favorite forum system? ;)

Yeah! Invision Power Board rocks the big one! I have a lisenced copy of v2.0.3. But i have also used SMF, YaBB SE, phpBB, and XMB for many other different applications. But just like cse-icons said, I like Invision Power Board the most of all because of its features and what not. ;):P

well i have used invision for a bery long time the first forum i have ever used was invision but i dont know i like the simplicity of phpBB. but i cant really choose invision is more advanced they got more mods than phpBB so thats an up but for those who just want a simple forum i think phpBB is better. well but i basically like both.

I like invision board the best. You have more control over your board with ibp. And i think the mods are better for ibp than phpbb. PhPbb is a really good board but ibp gets the job faster . Also if you install a phpbb from the cpanel i think its like 15mb to install it.

I wouldn't really choose any of the premade forum things as my favorite. Sure, they look really nice and you can get mods for them, but it's not really personal. If you code your own forum, you can get it just the way you want, and you know that you made it yourself.

I chose Invision because it has many more features...and I know how to use it better...But...I use PHPBB now because Invision costs money...and I dont feel like buying it frankly =D.

I personally enjoy the simple interface of phpBB. I also enjoy being around invision powerboard forums. They have alot/tons of features and i think they look pretty well. But if i had to choose one for my personal site it would probably be phpBB. But being around and posting... i would use invision powerboard :D

I picked Invision Power Board, but it is the only one I've ever used. I like the features it has, and I've never had a problem with it (I have, but it was my own fault...), and other reasons. I've used IPB for so long...I don't really want to try any other forums.

What I like is Insivion power board, but what I can afford to use is phpBB. I like IPB alot because it has got many good features which is convenient for users. Specially being able to see the latest post in the index itself is really nice which is not possible in phpBB unless some MODs are added. But phpBB is free and its easy to manage, whereas IPB seems to be somewhat complicated to manage and install too. Recently I came across one of the IPB forums being hacked and hijacked by one hacker, therefore I'm concerned about security as well. phpBB, the whole forum was gone some weeks ago when I went to support for one site. I heard that Vbulletin is the best when it comes to security is it true?