xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Computer Restarts. Computer restarts weekly.

Hi,I need help if somebody can help me figure out why a computer restarts every week at a certain time. I have checked Scheduled tasks and there is nothing there that would cause it to do that. I also disabled Automatic Restart System > Advanced >Startup and Recovery > Settings > Uncheck automatic restart. This affects several people in the same department and it happens to all of them at the same time. Can somebody provide me some help. Thanks.

If you did this already: Right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings > Uncheck "automatically restart" in the System Failure section.Than we know this is not the problem.Did you do this for every computer? Or perhaps the System Administrator settings. Do you have any servers? It could be affecting the operation of all your computers.There is nothing else I can think of that would cause this but either Spyware or a virus might be the problem. Ensure that your Windows version has the latest updates and get a virus scanner. There are several free ones that get the job done such as Avast. You can find the link to download here: https://www.avast.com/index

This problem could occur due to the following reasons:1. There could be a problem with the RAM of your computer. Solution: Changing your RAM could prevent the problem.2. Malicious threats like Virus, Trojan Horses or Worm. Solution: Download and install Antivirus Software?s like Avast, Kaspersky,etc. 3. Due to over straining the RAM Solution: Try to uninstall some unwanted programs. Or Install Software?s like Tuneup or System Mechanics4. Reinstall Windows