xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
socialvenom

Is It Worth Giving My Teen Life Away To Support Family?

is it realy worth me giving my life away because my family is having hard times paying bills . is keeping my jobs to help my mom out a little really worth not having an education because of this messed up world 14 yr olds have to get jobs or create stuff just so they can help out . what do we get in return nothing not a thank you or a good job not a single thing so is it worth it??

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

14 and you are worried about giving your teen life away to help your family? you just turned a teenager for gosh sakes. who knows, you may learn something as a teenager by helping your family where otherwise you wouldn't have learned a thing. i know for me though....if my family needed me, i wouldn't turn my back on them. sounds like you have resentment issues that exceeds just trying to make a little extra income as a teenager to help with things.kids don't have a choice to be born in to this world, but that doesn't mean that they should seperate themselves with the problems the world is already facing. would you rather be spoiled and hold a silver spoon in your mouth and not have to work a day in your life?if there is something going on here besides your own selfishness, i would like to hear it. in 4 years, you'll be 18 and be able to do whatever you want without having expectations being put on you. you will still be a teenager too! but are there other circumstances here? are your parents emotionally abusing you? are they physically abusing you? are they not fit parents?if they are trying to do their best or if there have been unfortunate circumstances that dictate that they have to swallow their pride to recieve a little more help from people they wouldn't otherwise expect help from, then maybe you should reconsider your mind set.your 14. i am not trying to put you down. i understand your concern about not being able to do what other kids do or doing what you want to do fully as a early teenager. i mean working will take away from spending time with friends or other hobbies you might have. personally, i am not fully understanding what your parents are wanting from you. usually as a 14 year old, you cannot hold a regular job legally. do they have a family business? do they want you to collect cans or get on your bike for a paper route? do they want you to work around the house for them so it gives them more time to bring in a better income?you really weren't too specific but i have a feeling this post was more of a vent than anything too serious about jobs and careers.....the category you posted in. obviously you are too young for a career, so tell me what kind of job or jobs we are talking about here.

Working at the age of 14? what else?It's really amazing to work at this age , i've worked at the age of 12 i think , and look at me now :still working , it is preffered that you work at that age "not exausting jobs" , but pretty cool jobs like selling or.... this will teach you the true meaning of money.If you will take your money from your parents , you will ever feel , what they felt working hard for that money.And in your case , you say that your parents need money , so it's better that you work to support them , but never ever let your studies down.i worked in holidays and week ends , never on a week day , this didn't pervented me from studying , and finishing my university studies.And you are feeling useless , because they didn't thank you? lol , sweety,they don't have time to do soo , you said this yourself , they are occupied by paying the bills , when all this will be over , you will see , they will thank you respect you,and love more then ever.

Many peoples have worked in such an age but only few of them worked for helping their families , they mostly work for getting more money for buying things they want not for paying their families bills. but anyway helping your family is a good thing and as you needed that family till getting 14 years old now the family may needs your help. i don't know how it feels to work like an adult in such an age but i have worked in 15 and i got some money too but as i said i was not working serious for helping my family, i was only working for its fun because my work was related to building some toys and preparing them for packaging, it was not a hard work and it was a part time job which i was doing in weekends.Not having education because of working is not a nice thing to do, if you can it is better to do part time jobs because studying is very important and if you leave it, it is very hard to get back studying again so i suggest to not leave your educations and try to find some part time jobs and if you are familiar with internet then maybe you can use it for earning money. Talking about getting nothing in return is not fair, what your family has took in turn of taking care of you in these 14 years ? why they have protected you and provided you with the things you need ? they will not get anything and i'm sure still they don't want you to provide money for them because most things your family is paying for is for you too just like your home and many other things, so don't think you get nothing in return because if your family loose their house this means you will loose your house too, so by helping them you can keep the things you currently have. and as you have said it is worth, it does mean that there is no force on you for working but i should say there are many families out there which force their children to work hard, so you are even lucky from not having such a family. Another important thing is that to remember if it doesn't worth then what you want to do ? you want to leave you family or letting them loose anything they have ? in both situations your conditions will get worse too and if you don't help them then your family may face huge problems and even maybe your family gets apart and you will loose them and then you will understand what you have loosed, so try to help them before it is too late and as i said no one thinks a 14 year old kid should work hard , just some part times like selling in shops or helping sellers in their works will be enough because more than it, it will harm your education.

Working at the age of 14 must be hard, but life is not easy for everyone, it?s a shame that you probably won?t spend that much time with your friends as you would want but I don?t think that you are going to sacrifice your education because you are working a couple of hours a day, because I don?t think you can even find a job at that age, and if you actually don?t go to school because you are working then that is a legal issue for your parents.And if it?s not actually working but helping around the house or if you have younger brothers taking care of your brothers or any other "easy" task then you should not be that selfish and start helping out. Children are responsibilities for the parents, but as the kids get older there would be always have a space to help out in the family, as a said before it?s a shame not everyone has the same good life experiences but those unique things everyone lives is what make us stronger everyday.You should not be thinking about taking your life because it would be really hard for your parents, I don?t think parents want their kids to pass trough hardships but sometimes things get out of hand and parents need help and if you are there and can do something to help them surpass those situations then you should be willing to help anyway you (still being 14) can.

Your not giving it away. You are learing valuable life lessons in how do deal with adversity, challenges and all the other things that will come along in your life. It's called growing up. You have to learn to work with the cards life deals to you. Not everybody gets to be born with a silver spoon in their mouths and have all of their wants handed to them. (and quite frankly, those people that do get it all often grow up to be real asses.) The lessons you are (or should be) learning right now should be that family is important. That you should not be selfish and self centered and should unerstand that other people have needs and to pitch in and be a team player. That there are more important things than partying with friends and not having any responsibilities. Learning to put things into proper perspective, as to what is important and what is not. That being responsible for meeting your obligations and paying your debts and bills comes before goofing off. If you learn these lessons while you are still young, you will end up being a better person for it in the long run. Someone who is sensible and responsible, and is looked up to by their peers. Isn't it worth missing a party or 2 to be admired as a real stand up person?

14 and you are worried about giving your teen life away to help your family? you just turned a teenager for gosh sakes. who knows, you may learn something as a teenager by helping your family where otherwise you wouldn't have learned a thing. i know for me though....if my family needed me, i wouldn't turn my back on them. sounds like you have resentment issues that exceeds just trying to make a little extra income as a teenager to help with things.
kids don't have a choice to be born in to this world, but that doesn't mean that they should seperate themselves with the problems the world is already facing. would you rather be spoiled and hold a silver spoon in your mouth and not have to work a day in your life?

if there is something going on here besides your own selfishness, i would like to hear it. in 4 years, you'll be 18 and be able to do whatever you want without having expectations being put on you. you will still be a teenager too! but are there other circumstances here? are your parents emotionally abusing you? are they physically abusing you? are they not fit parents?

if they are trying to do their best or if there have been unfortunate circumstances that dictate that they have to swallow their pride to recieve a little more help from people they wouldn't otherwise expect help from, then maybe you should reconsider your mind set.

your 14. i am not trying to put you down. i understand your concern about not being able to do what other kids do or doing what you want to do fully as a early teenager. i mean working will take away from spending time with friends or other hobbies you might have. personally, i am not fully understanding what your parents are wanting from you. usually as a 14 year old, you cannot hold a regular job legally. do they have a family business? do they want you to collect cans or get on your bike for a paper route? do they want you to work around the house for them so it gives them more time to bring in a better income?

you really weren't too specific but i have a feeling this post was more of a vent than anything too serious about jobs and careers.....the category you posted in. obviously you are too young for a career, so tell me what kind of job or jobs we are talking about here.

I really appreciate your views...... But even I am bit confused about working at teenage, not because of loosing freedom, instead of making some flaws in study and in future career opportunities by our own hand...

Although we can not decide what is the appropriate age of being indulge in working.... But we can assure that there is no particular age for helping our family when they need our support......

Hi! I know it is tough to work at your tender age but doesn't mean that you are giving your teenage life away. Try to enjoy your job and have fun with your workmate so working will be a lot easier for you. Don't give up your dreams, think of ways on how you can study and work at the same time. It is possible. Always look at the brighter side and don't worry too much. God will bless you because you are helping your family.