xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nirvaman

Languages Learning On Knowledgesutra Just a question if people will come to learn languages on knowledgesut

Hi to all my friendsI know you have seen the title of this post , and from that you already know what i want to do ,soo what do you think?;)i'm just kidding ;) i'll explain:What if we (if opaque agree of course) a forum for language learning , where people can teach tehir mother language to other and learn from them another language , this could be a mine of traffic since it will be international !!Think of all the members in here who want to learn French , Spanish or Italian. I want to learn German and i can teach you guys Arabic and French if you want too , think of what every member in here can give to the community... it will quickly grow to be the BigbenSUTRA lolJust wanted to have some reactions/ideas on this

i think it is a great idea nirvaman. it is good to be aay for a long of time and come up with such a useful and interesting solution :). so i must say,i support the idea fully, and i am ready to learn and teach others. also it will be fun i think and interested to share others our mother language and our traditions and thoughts. i hope many will like the idea and support it to be real not only words. good luck.

I too think this is a brilliant idea.

However, things will have to be thought out carefully with regards to how to go about it.
What I mean is: there is not much point in working like this:

Pupil: How do you say "I love you" in Dutch?Teacher: "Ik hou van je".
Pupil: "Thanks, and what is "to eat" in Dutch?"
Teacher: "eten".
etc.

It is, of course, all right to include vocabulary and asking for the meaning of words, but there should be more to it than that.
The learning of a language obviously has to include learning some grammar rules, some spelling and other rules of the language.

Word lists are obviously an important part of learning a language, but not everything.

I think some short pieces should be included for the student to read and try to understand, pieces of text which gradually get longer and gradually increase in difficulty.

It would also be good if the teacher gave the student some exercises.

But, yes, I think it is a brilliant idea, and if it ever gets off the ground, you can definitely count me in.
i would be able to help out with Dutch at any level, and French and German at beginners' level.

Would it not be a good idea if we started with compiling a list (either here or start a separate topic for it), with people willing to help, also indicating what language(s) they can do and which level.

Why don't we get the ball rolling?
Let me know what you think.

Here we go and as mrdee has suggested before we will create a list of members who can help.I'll start : Nirvaman : any level in French and Arabic languagesMrdee : any level in Dutch ,beginer in French and GermanWebdesigner : Any level in Turkish i guess ?Any volounteers , let's get this forum Alive again

Good idea dude, I'm down for this too. I can teach everyone some basic Macedonian words. Here are some examples:English - Macedonian cyrillic - Macedonian latinicHello - Здраво - ZdravoHow are you - Како си - Kako siWhat's up - Што има ново - Sto ima novoBye - Чао - CaoIt's very interesting language for someone who is willing to learn it. :)

i think it's a pretty good idea, but i am not in to it. i think it would be to hard to impliment on a forum. people need to hear the words......not just see them written. but could be interesting if you teach by uploading videos of yourself trying to teach and use those as part of the learning tools to teach people your language while trying to learn another language.

Webdesigner : Any level in Turkish i guess ?

hmmm
well i guess not :)

me-web_designer: any level in arabic
me-web_designer: advanced level in french
me-web_designer: only some words in turkish

:)
i will help as much as i can. and i will support your idea here. good luck.

Of course I do agree with anwii, to learn a language you also have to able to hear the words so you know how to pronounce them correctly, but, that could indeed be overcome to post some videos or mp3 files with the words, sentences or short stories that are being learned at the time.There is another great resource for that too: it is called the Internet :D.There are a great deal of sites out ther to which links could be posted for pronunciation purposes, eg. WikiPedia also hosts some pages like that.The reason why I am a bit vague here is because I don't know the URLs of the sites in question from memory, but, if any of the people here need any help, I will be more than happy to look a few things up and post the proper URLs (if and when needed) here.But, obviously, if the people teaching the languages want to make the teaching a bit more personal, sort of, less robotic, they can also shoot their own videos and upload them, or record the words or phrases they are doing in that lesson and post them in their tuition too.For the technophobes: this can even achieved with a simple mobile phone, so, don't think you will have to invest a fortune itn recording or video equipment.Anyway, I still feel it is a great idea, and as I said before, obviously we will all have to come up with some ideas about methodology, resources etc., which is exactly what we are doing now.So, I would say, anyone interested, let your suggestions roll in.Thank you.

Dear friend of mine I think its one of the best starting. As I have mentioned before itself that even I am very fond of learning languages but I was not able to make it out how to give a start. So thank you very much dear friend for such a good starting I think I would like to join you guys over their. I can help my friends over here to learn the following languages ? Hindi &Malayalam. I think its one of the best ideas to get acquainted with different languages and we all should support the idea and give your helping hands towards making it successful.

This is a brilliant idea. I’ve just raised that issue today specially for English before I come across this topicI think I’ll give the French a try.Any one for Arabic?