xisto Community
deadmad7

10 Posts Per Day Pledge - Save The Forum! Save the forum

Ok, I've tried to keep track of anwii and shadow's pissing contest, to see who's scoring the most points, and sorry Anwii, but I think your loosing this one. The 2 left feet picture was just too funny! What a great sense of humor to be kept up so well with all the mud slinging. I usually don't like arguments, but this has been the most entertaining run of posts we've had on here in awhile.

i agree. his picture of two left feet was pretty funny :) now can we get back on topic? geeeeeez......

Yes, without a doubt we did get off topic. However, as slow as things have been here lately, isn't some discussion better than nothing? :rolleyes: At least we are making posts. So lets start with about the only point we all agree on, that Xisto has gotten slower than mollassas in January. I'm actually not at this point yet refering to the speed the pages load, I am refering to the amount of traffic here. I'm not so computer savy as Shadow, so most of the things that bother him are not even noticed by silly little me, except the part about how slow the board is some days.(now I'm refering to the speed the pages load at) Sometimes it's not too bad, but there are days when I just give up on trying to read or post anything because it just takes too dang long. There are thousands of people signed up here. What is the reason so few post? It's hard for me to believe that people wouldn't rather spend a little time posting every day as opposed to paying out in cold hard cash for a web site. Granted, when it's slow like it is now it does take more time since you have to look threw it more to find new posts to reply too. So really, aside from making more posts, what can we do?

i agree. some response is better than none but there should be no reason to be off topic. that's what the "create a new topic" button is for :) also, there is more to this forum than just users posting. there is the back end of the business which requires posts to be ON topic for seo purposes and the purposes of people actually reading on topic discussion if they are searching for something specific.the board is slow because the admins have let the forum go for other things. they are sacrificing the short run for the long term goals that lie ahead in the future. i however don't agree AT ALL how it was handled though. many users left and might never return again because now they are on to bigger and better things that take their time. after this transition for Xisto, the admins will have to almost start over from scratch to get dedicated people for the long term success of this forum. i don't think they realized how much the actually sacrificed for this long term success. opaque is the owner though. he has the right to do whatever he wants with this site. if people don't like it, they can leave. that would be THEIR choice....and this is what has happened.....

A few years ago, I would've said Windows only and certainly not Mac.But I was forced to convert to Mac due to a laptop dying and all I had was a Mac handy.. fell in love with it.There was no spam, it didn't slow down. Never have to worry about viruses.. no longer deal with EXE files.It's layout just generally looked nicer. I'm an avid Mac user now.There are certain things I miss about Windows, and in missing those things, I either bootcamp Windows or I have it on Virtual Machine, usually for games or to do what the Mac can't always do.Definitely miss programming when it came to Windows. Mac programming is just going to take more time to learn.