xisto Community
deadmad7

10 Posts Per Day Pledge - Save The Forum! Save the forum

yeah i agree with you anwiii. if opaque isn't here personally or write announcement from time to time, then this isn't mean he is not interested, but it means he has a lot to do that he can't divide himself to do more works here. after all i am sure he is working in the background silently of course, i know that from the slow loading of the forums and the errors that are fixed here and there :).also, posting one post at least is better than nothing, even opening new thread is hard sometimes, i mean when you have nothing to say but i think everyone share something funny or say some jokes or write something in the art and creativity section. or even say anything in the vent. anyway, everything that has been said here is very useful and it encourages me do return as active as before. and i hope i can still like that for the next couple of months and see that the forums are returned as usual.

nothing right now will return you to being as active as before, but i'm glad to see you posting again. you are one of the VERY few members past and present that i have counted on to help with this forum. deadmad is another one even though his heart isn't fully in to it sometimes. you guys are the two most newest members who have contributed the most in your special ways that I SEE help this forum.we need some of the older members coming back. we also need new blood. and with that "new blood", the older members need to make them feel welcome so they will stay for a while.opaque has his own thing going with the forum and that is ultimately to make money. some members have their own goals in mind and that is to share their knowledge while other members' goals is to GET knowledge. my goal? to make Xisto a community.to make a place a community though takes the effort of ALL people with ALL goals in mind. the admins have to be active. the moderators have to be active, the member DEFINITELY have to be active. there also has to be a common place for everyone to congregate which is why i LOVED the implimitation of the chat room when everyone was against it. i was always in there wanting to make an impact and put my money where my mouth was.people who were seen in the chat room regularly?anwiiweb designerchinibaniboydeadmadrobhurt4lovesaint michaelopaquewith special thanks to galaxcd and jhaslip who would come in unexpectedlyif i left anyone out, i am sorry, but the above people are ones that have influenced me the most and that i recognize here as being a part of the chat room and the community team. opaque was last on the list but probably had the most impact as an admin. i can honestly say that when people were coming in to the chat room and joining as a community, it was the best time i had at Xistoi don't know if we can ever make trap/ks what it used to be, but i am willing to give it a shot with other peoples commitments to not give up on this place like me...i know i posted my resignation to ks a month ago but i really don't want to give up on this place. this place holds a special place in my heart. it was never about the mycents or the knowledge. it was about getting to know people....laughing and crying together...saying stupid crap and hating eachother. this is what i wanted to bring to the table when i was a moderator before i resignedi've said a lot of negative things about Xisto in regards to the poor service xisto has to the laxed moderatorships here, to the lazy admins who don't even show their faces. all of that is true so i don't take any of it back. but the truth is, the people who make this site successful is NONE of those things. it's the MEMBERS who will make this site successful in the long run. we have to all want this place to be a place we can come to to share knowledge.....to recieve knowledge...to make friends.....to make enemies....to be a community and ultimately come together and not let this place fail!that's my piece for now..... PEACE!

nothing right now will return you to being as active as before, but i'm glad to see you posting again. you are one of the VERY few members past and present that i have counted on to help with this forum. deadmad is another one even though his heart isn't fully in to it sometimes. you guys are the two most newest members who have contributed the most in your special ways that I SEE help this forum.
we need some of the older members coming back. we also need new blood. and with that "new blood", the older members need to make them feel welcome so they will stay for a while.

opaque has his own thing going with the forum and that is ultimately to make money. some members have their own goals in mind and that is to share their knowledge while other members' goals is to GET knowledge. my goal? to make Xisto a community.

to make a place a community though takes the effort of ALL people with ALL goals in mind. the admins have to be active. the moderators have to be active, the member DEFINITELY have to be active. there also has to be a common place for everyone to congregate which is why i LOVED the implimitation of the chat room when everyone was against it. i was always in there wanting to make an impact and put my money where my mouth was.

people who were seen in the chat room regularly?

anwii
web designer
chini
baniboy
deadmad
rob
hurt4love
saint michael
opaque

with special thanks to galaxcd and jhaslip who would come in unexpectedly

if i left anyone out, i am sorry, but the above people are ones that have influenced me the most and that i recognize here as being a part of the chat room and the community team. opaque was last on the list but probably had the most impact as an admin. i can honestly say that when people were coming in to the chat room and joining as a community, it was the best time i had at Xisto

i don't know if we can ever make trap/ks what it used to be, but i am willing to give it a shot with other peoples commitments to not give up on this place like me...

i know i posted my resignation to ks a month ago but i really don't want to give up on this place. this place holds a special place in my heart. it was never about the mycents or the knowledge. it was about getting to know people....laughing and crying together...saying stupid crap and hating eachother. this is what i wanted to bring to the table when i was a moderator before i resigned

i've said a lot of negative things about Xisto in regards to the poor service xisto has to the laxed moderatorships here, to the lazy admins who don't even show their faces. all of that is true so i don't take any of it back. but the truth is, the people who make this site successful is NONE of those things. it's the MEMBERS who will make this site successful in the long run. we have to all want this place to be a place we can come to to share knowledge.....to recieve knowledge...to make friends.....to make enemies....to be a community and ultimately come together and not let this place fail!

that's my piece for now..... PEACE!

well, you said a lot of interesting things in here. and i hope things will be better so we can chat and write about it in other thread. now, if you think i can't be as active as before, well maybe. but you know i can, and to bring the truth about my special circumstances now, i can say that i may be more active, since i won't be able to sleep for a long time :D so don't count on that.

and i agree with you, that time in chatrom with everyone and opaque too was the best time i had here. i hope it will return again, the same old gang ;) .

also, i am really glade to say that you quit the idea of giving up of this forums. and between i never thought that you can do it and be away from this place, so i must say that i am really glade you decided to stay here with us :). so, let's all work together to revive this place again. thanks to all of you members :).

The forum is changing, when I first log in I remember spending all day replying to forums, and getting a lot of MyCents, now I hardly see people online, and it's sad because I think the services I have obtain through the forum are really good, and I have never had a major problem with them, I would be really sad if the forum disappear, I can say I'm guilty I don't post everyday but I would make the time :)

The forum is changing, when I first log in I remember spending all day replying to forums, and getting a lot of MyCents, now I hardly see people online, and it's sad because I think the services I have obtain through the forum are really good, and I have never had a major problem with them, I would be really sad if the forum disappear, I can say I'm guilty I don't post everyday but I would make the time :)

it is ok Parubilla, since you can keep on coming from time to time, and post or reply then it is better than nothing i guess. i know we all have our own burdens in life and our priorities but i believe we should steel a couple of moments from our day and do something for ourselves, or we will feel like we are victims in this world :D. and for me, posting and writing here is like me-time, i mean my own special time or world. so i will try to be more active than the last couple of months and i will hope you could do that too. so let's do our best to save this wonderful forums and to revive it again, good luck for all of us.

Thanks Deadman for pitching in and giving us all a pep talk. We sure needed it. 10 posts per day might be a bit tought right now, especially until everybody else gets in gear and starts making new topics and gets things rolling, but even if we can make half that for starters, things would get a little easier. Popping in every day would be great, but for some time now I've found that daily visits are really time wasted, since it takes awhile to go threw all the different topics and if there are no new posts to reply to you spend a lot of time doing nothing. I've cut down to posting for a few days to get threw all the topics, and then taking off a week until enough new topics are started that it's worth coming back. Also, I have the time right now to post daily. I'm in the calm before the storm. Once spring hits and I have grooming and garden planting and all that jazz, I just don't have time to make it in here all that often. Anwiii is right on. It's not the moderators that make the forums, it's the members. If we want an active and productive forum, we all have to participate. But as for chat, I've not been into that since we lost the old shoutbox we used to have at the top of the forum. And anyway, like so many others I just have so much available time, so I try to stick to the mycents paying part of Xisto. I did used to pop into chat occasionally when it was running on top of the forum and was easy to jump into. Thanks also to anwiii for keeping in touch with Opaque and letting us know he is still around. But even without him, the members are still the driving force behind this forum.

As many have previously mentioned, 10 posts a day is unreasonable. This forum started to decline when "Xisto" was replaced with "Xisto." Unfortunately, people associate the latter part of the name, Sutra, with the Kama Sutra. Also, the forum, in my opinion, is a bit too clustered. There's too much going. For example, the bottom portion of the forum where it displays the "Related Topics" is completely unnecessary. It only serves to slow down the servers which seems to be a major problem I've experienced on my end of the line.

Oh the forum that turned PATHETIC, stupid, ridiculous and laughable... Oh *that* forum... Allow me to explain why I no longer partake in this forum, indeed today is the first time I have logged in for perhaps a few months:The name, i mean jesus christ, knowledge*sutra* what am i going to do? Shag the forum? Seriously Opaque/BH, sort your name out, it makes me cringe. Its pathetic.The layout. Maybe im being picky but it irritates meFacebook, really, i mean really. Do we need the sort of lowlife integration of facebook? Get rid of it.Even the logo doesnt blend with the title bar, i mean really? You cant even get a logo and a background colour to match up, why would I trust you?The sister site Xisto - Web Hosting has a page where you can select what type of hosting you want but you cant order it!!! Hahahahaha, Xisto - Web Hosting, a HOSTING company cant even host their OWN site and make it work?! Really? I mean really really?! How pathetic is that!!! Hahahasee: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ on the order button, nothing happens. Nice, a hosting company that cant even code a simple link tag, right on!!I will just leave this here. I likely wont see any replied due to the above reasons.

yea, and people will always remember how supportive you have been through these times and when ks upgrades.for someone who doesn't care about the forum, you really have a lot to say. i think you need to go take your meds now and relax.i take it by your tone and attitude, you have no intention of helping this forum in any way whatsover so your opinion and post is pretty much meaningless and utterly worthless in this thread where others actually care about this place. hopefully when this forum gets it's act together, i wont be seeing you here since you've made it clear you have decided to leave.

Ah on the contrary dear friend!AS it stands i dont give a flying monkey about the forum. It is irrelevant to my life, however, i remember how it used to be, back in the day of Xisto, it had a bit of personality, it was sensible and ordinary, now it is just... weird, a abnormality on the web.While i have no concern for it's survival or for your opinions i find it hard to comprehend how Xisto became this and at least through strong opinions perhaps the admins will get it rather than everyone side stepping the issue. Thus far i have seen no suggestions for improvement nor any issues being raised other than one other member mentioning the silly name and another mentioning the time it takes to load, which frankly is dreadful, for a company who says they will host my public website the loading time is just a joke, any newbie will be instantly turned away by the load times, after all, if a hosting company is unable to host *itself* what would give the impression it has the resources to host another site? But be my guest and sidestep the issues and produce nothing but idle waffle. It is inconsequential, other than that you could of course advise the admins.

yea, we heard your opinions already. why come back 2 hours later and repeat them? it makes absolutely no sense.all the points you have made are also bogus. especially how a host can't host itself. you are lying to make someone else look bad. that to me invloves karma which wont work out to well for you in the long run. it's pretty pathetic when you have to lie to make others look bad.i know i argue a lot in here my own self, but i don't lie to make a point. why don't you just grab your purse and go somewhere where you feel more at home. i heard the other forum bikerman is a part of needs more cronies. and followers. maybe try that one since you like kissing his butt anyway.this isn't the vent. this is "save the forum". you're acting like a little girl who just stubbed her toe. now grab your purse and get a move on. i know it's hard to walk in those high heels, but i think you can manage. you always have before.

Your concern is flattering, though i fail to see any part of my posts where i have mislead anyone, but please feel free to quote me and prove me wrong, as you obviously desire.Your disregard for females is worrying but i expect not many want to spend any time around you so the damage is limited.Karma... That thing invented by weak people who are unable to discover their own morals and thus rely on those from some supreme understanding which comes from a cold, dead universe with no thought, emotion or indeed sentience. I do tremble.Your comments regarding Bikerman are also unfounded. As i am sure you are aware i have been very absent from the forum, hence the likelihood of me knowing the virtual whereabouts of another member is low, further I fail to see any connection you have made between me and bikerman.When i think of a webhost i think of a company with physical access to server hardware and a high speed, redundancy enabled and reliable connection. Thus far this forum is extremely slow and a high speed connection without the high speed is merely a connection. i have such a connection at home or indeed here at work. Thus I conclude the servers, or the connection, is/are struggling to host this forum and while i appreciate the complexities involved in a high traffic forum if a web hosting company is unable to provide a suitable service for it's own support, advertising and community sites its ability to host other company or personal websites is to be questioned.If your point relates to the inability to hyperlink an image on the CH site be my guest and follow the link.If indeed I were wearing high heels it is unlikely I would have stubbed my toe, thus your analogy to a little girl is invalid. Further to that if you choose to think of little girls wearing high heels I suggest you leave the internet and close the door behind you. Finally, while you bemoan the fact I repeated my previous statements in my last post you are incorrect. Any simpleton capable of basic literacy would realize that my last post was a defense to your unfounded aggression and did not contain any repetition.

my disregard for females? no. it's my disregard for you. you say one thing which is that you don't care about this place and you aren't going to be around, then you do something totally different and stick around. it's like you have two left feet and don't know where or how to walk. you criticize this place but don't do anything to help it. you're a hypocrite and you cannot be trusted with any words you utter out of your mouth. your like a little girl wearing high heels for the first time. so yea, grab your purse you whiny little baby. you can't even figure out the analogy. i don't really blame you being a baby and all, but you will have to grow up eventually. ya know? the only reason why you're sticking around is because i am giving you the attention you need like all babies need. make sure to cry me a river to tell me when your next feeding time is.disclaimer: it's not that i have any disregard for babies, it's my disregard for YOUyoutube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-Iremind you of anyone? poor kid. he wont stop whining and crying....

While your analogy of two left feet is intriguing I must point out that its origin is in referring to an individual's inability to dance. However, in case you were correct I did look at my feet and imagine my surprise:

Posted Image

Now, this not being 4chan.org/b my desire to simply post a picture of an owl with an amusing face and the letters "ORLY" placed below it was quickly replaced with my desire to expose your aggression and foolishness to the world at large.

Also, while you collection of underage children crying is... expansive.. I feel such inclined individuals may be better treated in a correctional facility.

You claim I have done nothing to aid this forum, incorrect. I have recently completed the initial laying of a 100tb direct phaser pulsed fiber line from the Xisto communications center into the main fiber links in the US, Europe and Asian continents. While I cannot yet allow traffic to pass over that connection due to the possibility of a singularity it will hopefully be operational yesterday. Depending on the capability left in my flux capacitors. I have also posted the main reasons I do not visit this forum regularly in my first post in this topic. It would seem you have not done the same so I would infer that it is you who has done nothing to resolve this situation and in fact I have done my part in informing the administrators of those annoyances. While I cannot speak for the members as a whole I believe it is a starting point for the administrators.

I appreciate your concern for my growth, much like that of the kind nurse who attempted to measure my height. Unfortunately she was unable to push the measuring device up to the top of my cranium and I had to put it there myself, this was not due to some sort of random quantum fluctuation but in part due to my above average height of 6ft 3 inches. So your concern is unwarranted, though i appreciate the effort it clearly took you in typing out your worries.

I take it from your references to feeding time you are planning on making me some sort of nutritionally balanced and tasteful meal, i gladly accept this invitation. Ordinarily I take my lunch in approximately 2 hours time. This would be a convenient time for me.

i rest my case. your posts speak for themselves. now we can get back on topic without interruptions....