xisto Community
RyosukeGunma

Gran Turismo 5

Hi, this is my first post. Does anyone play Gran Turismo 5? After 5 years of developmene, I'm very disapointed mainly because 800/1000 cars are standard cars. You can't change wheels on standard cars. On the other hand, driving on the Nurburgring is unbelievable.

yes i'm playing it now, actually i love that thing, i mean i love my car to be standard, it is more real. i don't know why but i have problem playing it online the problem is the game keeps freezing for no reason it hangs for 3 second and this is happening every 1 or 2 minutes, so i'm dissappointed from playing it online (i should say my internet is 8Mbit down and 4Mbit up with nice latency and i have no problem playing any other game online). i really like the way graphics look, everything seems so real which is so amazing. don't you think menus are a little slow ? i don't know but it seems i have frame rate drop on menus. actually i have frame drops where there is more than 8 cars in my display, i mean when it gets crowded frame rate drops to under 50 or 40 i think. i really want to play GT5 with steering wheel but i can't because most of my friends think that is a teenage work and i should not do that but anyway controlling the car with sony's pad is not very enjoyable. i prefer a keyboard because it is so much easier to accelerate and brake while you are turning with a keyboard. another thing i do not like is that sound when you strike to another car, it sounds like you hit a plastic car and you don't ever think it is a real car. anyway after 5 years i think all peoples are really impressed to see this game again however we can expect more after five years, i didn't think that damaging system will be like this, i was thinking it should be more precise and more realistic. but it is really fun and as you said driving in Nurburgring is very awesome, i always were sawing this place in Top Gear documentary but i never were thinking about being abale to drive in it virtually which now i can. i can not say how much it is real or not because i have never saw that place and never drive in it with my car but i can say even just knowing that this is named Nurburgring is enough for me to enjoy driving huge collection of cars in it. this huge collection is my favorite part of this game and you know i think now every one can drive his car virtually every where he wants using this game because of its huge collection of cars (NFS Shift only had 60 cars but this one has +1000 cars).in the end i should say even with its huge bugs which some of them are really annoying but it is the first game i have seen that can make your dreams come true by driving the car that you drive everyday, everywhere you want and even you can destroy your car without too much expense :D .

I think I agree with Iniyila - I like having standard cars available because that somewhat closer to what I'm used to, and the ability to drive a standard VW Golf or Toyota Yaris or something around a track is brilliant :P There are enough options to customise these cars too if you want/need to improve them, and a good selection of more powerful and exotic racing cars.I haven't spotted any problems with playing online so far, but I haven't spent too long in the online world yet. However, I do have to admit the menus are quite frustrating! The frame rate doesn't drop, but it's the constant cutting to little loading screens, even if only for a second or two. It seems unnecessary and breaks the smooth flow of the interface. I'd have preferred a simpler but snappier interface I think.A steering wheel is certainly something I want to invest in to make the most of the game. The controller doesn't really work now that the game is so realistic - it breaks the illusion of driving a car and makes it clear you're just playing a game. The problem is that I haven't found a decent wheel at a good price in the shops - any advice here would be helpful!

I agree with you both. Loading a menu is just too long and the navigation is not-so user-friendly. They aren't really intuitive!I've been using the Logitech G24 (discounted now, the newest one is the Logitech G27), which has 900 degrees steering wheel and it includes the H-pattern shifter (6-speed transmission) and clutch. The experience with a wheel is amazing. I think it's pretty cheap now since Logitech released the G27, which is the successor of the G25 with improved functionality. I think it cost around 150-200$. A very good steering wheel.