xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Desktop Was Reversed. What Is The Problem?

Dear friends yesterday my friend was playing a new game and after finishing the game he switched off the system after an hour or so he again switched the system on and what he found was amazing the desktop was totally turned upside down. The icons on the desktop was reversed. Just like someone has placed the monitor upside down. He asked me about the problem but unfortunately even I was not able to solve the same. Anyone over here who has encountered the same anytime. Or anybody knows what might be the problem actually. Please help with your expert comments. Thanks in advanced.

If you are using Windows XP with Intel Extreme Graphics you may check this out. Go into your Control Panel, find Display and click on it, then find the Settings Tab at top and click on it, and then click on the Advanced button lower right. A window will show next with 6 tabs (General, Adaptor, Monitor and Troubleshooting in front and Color Management and Intel Extreme Graphics to the rear). Click on the Extreme Graphics tab. A button there will say Graphics Properties, click on it. On the left side will be Display Settings, click on it. Here you will find on the right an option to "Enable Rotation" showing 0, 270, 180, & 90. Perhaps this control is checked and the 180 is chosen. Uncheck the Enable Rotation and this may solve your problem. I hope this helps. If it dosen't, you will have to wait until a real puter geek comes along. Good Luck.

if your graphic card is nvidia you can go to nvidia control panel through windows control panel then in nvidia control panel under display tab you will find an option saying rotate display, enter and you will see some options use them to fix your desktop. if your display didn't rotate then you can change your driver because i had this problem and it was driver related and when i updated it to the latest one, the problem solved. another thing that can cause such a problem is a screen rotate program so make sure you don't have any of these type programs. if you have an ati card solution is same as nvidia go to your ati catalyst control center and you will find the option related to screen rotation if your display blinked and nothing happened then you need to update your driver to the latest one.