xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Baniboy

I Found A Way To Get Things Done! How Do You Do It?

I'm a lazy person. I won't do things until I really really have to... I have a tendency to waste my time on useless crap, too. So, I've tried using schedulers, reminders on my phone and the like to be able to do things. Sadly enough nothing has worked for me. I see the reminder, switch it off, continue with what I'm doing at that moment.I was looking for something and in this age of technology and sophisticated reminders, I found sticky notes (the physical version, of course). Yea, I know... But they help me do things. I can't believe it actually works. I just write down a few things I have to do, not too many to keep some kind of motivation though. Then I do them one by one whenever I see fit, every time I complete a task I just overline the task I've written, then I move on to the next one. I don't know why this is more efficient than note programs on my computer or phone, but it works for me.How do you get things done? Do you use notes, something else or do you just remember everything and do it with determination like my mom? :D

i'm lazy too :D , i should say that those sticky notes (physical version!) is working for me too but in my way. my sticky notes are a little big like 20 * 30 cm. the place where i put them depends on their importance if one is very important i will hang it from above the room door ! so i will never forget it, but most of them are placed on my dresser door. however there is still a problem and it is my laziness, so sometimes i say i will wrote down that task later and i forget to wrote it on any sticky note so sometimes i will forget to do some tasks. i haven't found any solution for this problem yet. actually writing tasks on a paper is more easier than writing them to my phone or pc and the efficiency difference is very big, just imagine you are going out from your room and you will face a huge paper that gives you two choices 1. bending and getting out (which is hard :P) 2. picking up the paper which means at least you have looked at it so you will not forget what to do but when you write something on pc and don't turn it on in the morning you will forget your tasks. anyway writing in phone with a reminder alarm should work but it doesn't for me so i'm on paper too.

Funny, as much as I mostly detest computer stuff, the best way for me to remember something is to use a little note pad I keep on my desk top I have labeled "To Do List" Sticky notes are great for some things, I use them a lot on dog's registration papers to help me remember things about that particular pup, but for getting things done the note pad on the computer works best. I have been trying since the first of Jan to take a new calendar to the kennel, and now, 4 days later I still haven't done it, so tonight I put it on my to do list and so I will see it first thing in the morning, then hopefully I will remember to grab it before I run out the door.

same for me, i used to use those sticky paper notes long time ago, because i forget a lot :blush: . in work, about 4 years ago. i remember how my computer monitor is filled with those little yellow papers around it :P. after that when i get married i was always forget what we need from food, till my fridge become empty :D. so again the sticky notes or even any paper on the fridge is so useful to remember me of what i need.and till now, i use them and they work like charm for me. but i must say that the past few months i was so busy and i always i have a lot to do. so i tried to find another option but nothing worked for me, so returned again to the physical version of sticky notes. even i am now out of sticky paper notes and searching for more, but i use the calender as a substitution, i write all the appointments on it and the things i should do daily on it. but of course there is not enough place to write a lot, but better than nothing , right ;) .

I'm reallyyyy lazy, and it's really hard for me to do things ahead of time but I hate running with things at the last minute, and sometimes when I am working I get too caught on something and forget about the other things I have to do. So what I've been doing to fix this problem is to do a list of all the things I have to do in a piece of paper, staring from the must urgent to the ones that can wait a little bit more, and make a work schedule. Then I start working always keeping in mind the time I'm supposed to spend on every single thing, and I get everything done on time. Sometimes happens that I'm not keeping up with the time on a task, because I don't know, my brain is not moving fast enough >_<, and what I do is to switch to a different task to get my head out of the other one, and then when I'm done with something different, I come back to the precious one and I'll do it faster.I think it really does not matter if you use technology or not, as long as you feel comfortable and get your things done on time.

Frankly speaking dear friend of mine even I am somewhat like you only but I never note down the things to be done and remember them and I classify it into general, urgent, or very urgent and completes the very urgent ones as soon as it occurs after finishing it I look towards the urgent one but when it comes to the general one I become very lazy unless slowly it becomes urgent or very urgent. That?s it my friend.