xisto Community
kira423

Pasta Recipes

Muscat nut, I have a feeling that's Nutmeg? I put it in my bechamel sauce once and it tasted like it belonged there. I didn't know if it was commonly used or not, sometimes I just experiment.

Yes! thats the name in english! nutmeg! :D

Thanks.

Ciao,
q9c9p

OK,

some people might feel this is vulgar, but I just felt I had to add the good old Spaghetti Bolognese to the list.

Ingredients:

250 grammes mince (beef, pork, or a mix of both).

1 good sized onion.

2 cloves of garlic.

1 tin of peeled tomatoes.

Tomato puree.

A knob of butter or a dash of olive oil.

1 red, green or orange pepper (or a mix, once again).

150 grammes mushrooms.

500 grammes spaghetti.

Pepper and salt.

Optional: 2 slices of ham, 2 dl of dry white wine.

Start with frying the onions and garlic in the butter or oil until lightly brown.

Add the mince and brown it while stirring occasionally.

When the mince is nicely brown, add the sliced pepper(s) and mushrooms, let cook further.

Bring to taste with pepper and salt.

When the mushrooms and peppers are tender, add the sliced ham (if used), the chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree and stir everything.

In the mean time, put on the spaghetti in lightly salted water with a touch of butter or a drop of oil in it (against sticking).

Obviously, if so desired, some basil can be added to the sauce too.

Stir the sauce until the chopped tomatoes fall apart, if you use it, add the wine and let simmer until you have drained the spaghetti.

Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and sprinkle Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese over the top.

Buon Appetito.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

That's a nice one. I have had pasta which was overcooked and turned out to be absolutely disastrous. Would love to try the recipe, hope that comes out to be fun.