xisto Community
sheepdog

Missing Posts

I've made 3 or 4 posts now in the "just for Knowledge" forum, and so far not a single one has showed up. One I did just make yesterday, asking what had happened to the first 2, but one was made the day before Thanksgiving, and the other several days before that, so it's been like a week already since the first post was made and went missing. I know the forum is moderated, but geeeze, a week????It takes a far amount of time posting here to keep up credits, I sure hate to loose posts.

I've made 3 or 4 posts now in the "just for Knowledge" forum, and so far not a single one has showed up. One I did just make yesterday, asking what had happened to the first 2, but one was made the day before Thanksgiving, and the other several days before that, so it's been like a week already since the first post was made and went missing. I know the forum is moderated, but geeeze, a week????It takes a far amount of time posting here to keep up credits, I sure hate to loose posts.

The best solution is to avoid the sections that are moderated, because probably the posts won't be moderated, won't show up and won't count. it seems any effort made to contribute to the moderated sections is in vain.

It is far more rewarding to post in the sections that offer myCents. Although it can take very long before the myCents for the posts in the not moderated sections are spread, it seems.
Edited by Eza (see edit history)

The best solution is to avoid the sections that are moderated, because probably the posts won't be moderated, won't show up and won't count. it seems any effort made to contribute to the moderated sections is in vain.

As far as I am aware, myCENTs are credited for moderated posts before they are made visible, to avoid any delay caused by us being busy or missing a post. If we then have to edit a post or refuse to approve it, the myCENTs are then adjusted again. Please bear in mind that it's Thanksgiving in the US, so a lot of members, including staff, are away from home or busy. Those of us elsewhere in the world do our best to keep up but it can be tricky when we are busy. If you make a post that doesn't appear after a few days, send a moderator a PM and ask what happened to it. It's very easy for us to miss the odd post.

Sending a private message when a post doesn't occur on the forum seems like a very helpfull suggestion. Unfortunately private messages have not been answered for some time.As it seems a moderator is around again the posts that don't show up might be rejected.

Edited by Eza (see edit history)

New forum upgrade brought this issue for missing posts. We're seeing this issue ever since forums are upgraded to new version. So that is the real problem, there needs to be some bug fix from IPB's side. Not sure how threads are going down but i have seen plenty of my replies not getting there, it's not frequent but once in month it is possible.

The best solution is to avoid the sections that are moderated

Yes, that would work I suppose, but there are already so many sections that I can't contribute to, anything to do with computers, games, etc, as I have no real knowledge in any of those areas. I just hate to miss on any where I might be able to post.

Now, funny thing is, after complaining, my posts finally showed up today. Guess the sqeeky wheel gets greased after all!

now you're getting it!

Yea, sometimes I can be a little slow on the uptake. I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.
It does seem kind of odd though that they finally showed up after I made the post in this thread. I kept putting off making it, knowing it was a holiday and all, but I figured after a whole week it was time to say something.
Edited by sheepdog (see edit history)

rvalkass possibly stepped in and approved the posts if they were in a moderated area of the forum. he probably wouldn't have known if you didn't step in and write what you did. mods and admins haven't been active as they used to be so it takes a little more time for things to get done. just as rvalkass said though.....if you don't see your posts after a few days, pm a moderator. not just any mod, but one you know that still logs on regularly. like he said.....it's easy for some posts to get lost. especially when mods and admins don't log in to see the new posts. squeaky wheel always gets the grease :) i am a firm believer in that. some mods look down on people telling them to approve their posts, but since the mods and admins don't log in as they used to, i think it's fair to just pm a mod as soon as you post a topic so this losing posts issue doesn't occur so often. if it is happening to you, it is happening to others. but from now on, i wouldn't post about missing posts, i would just pm a mod.