xisto Community
Eza

Wisdom Flag And More MyCents

Wisdom Flags And MyCents.

A theory about the influence of the wisdom flag

The forum of Xisto knows the option to provide somebody with a wisdom flag. It is possible that the wisdom flag increases the amount of MyCents somebody gets. Maybe the MyCents counting and contributing system takes wisdom flags in account. This would make sense. The post and the reply of a member who was given a lot of wisdom flags by other members can be considered on forehand to be of a high value for the other members of the forum.

If a wisdom flag contributes to the scale the MyCents are distributed it might be nice to give some consideration about the wisdom flag option.

If a wisdom flag enriches the amount of MyCents it seems important to get a lot of wisdom flags.

This theory thinks that wisdom flags increases the amount of MyCents a member gets from a post.

If this theory about the wisdom flag and the amount of MyCents harvested by posts is true donating wisdom flags to eachother can help to increase the results of posts.

A member with a lot of wisdom flags might be rewarded with more MyCents because a poster with a lot of wisdom flags might get more MyCents from the same post compared to the situation in which the member would have posted the same post while having less or no wisdom flags at all.

This theory raises several questions.

Are there signs in the website that support this theory?

Are there experiences that wisdom flags help to earn MyCents?

Is it experienced that members with wisdom flags earn lots of MyCents while other members without wisdom flags struggle and type a lot and the result is that the wrestling member gets the feeling that the posts are rewarded relatively less and less MyCents?

Are members willing to contribute wisdom flags to eachother?

And the most important question:

Is somebody willing to donate a wisdom flag to the inventor of this theory?

Edited by Eza (see edit history)

you may invented this theory, but it is a lousy theory. therefore, nobody should be giving out wisdom flags to a known spammer.wisdom flags do NOT account to more mycents. when the new credit system came out, there was a list of things that accounted for increased mycents which included replies to a topic. this intimated that the more replies a topic got, the more mycents the topic starter would get. this was a change in the old credit system and if i recall, it was one of my original ideas for Xisto to encourage more topics being posted. there is a down side to everything though. with this system, it will give less mycents to people who just reply to posts. at least that's how i see it. otherwise with the new system, there would be more mycents given out compared to the old system. i hear people complain about mycents. it's those people who are failing to create topics. creating topics will hand out the most mycents hands down with the new credit system. at least this is my assumtion where it wasn't compeltely spelled out for us to know exactly how much mycents we get and from which methods.there is a reason why wisdom flags don't account for any increased mycents. it's because people can conspire to give out wisdom flags for every single post. it will also encourage selfish spammers like yourself to tell people to give you a wisdom flag in every post they make. this kind of system would make the forum fall apart and make it look less professional.so my question to you is, why did you request a wisdom flag? because you wanted more mycents from your illogical theory? or was it because you want to look more wise to people who don't know any better? you already have 1. i am curious who gave you it. i have read most of your posts. although once in a blue moon you actually have something intelligent to say, 90% of the time, it's just spam and irrelevant content just to collect mycentsi hope this answers your question about wisdom flags. it's funny though. you wanted a wisdom flag for posting a question? haha that was funny to me....

Opaque promised for wisdom flag and never implemented it effectively which eliminates spam. He also promised for the linking juice benefit that triggers increase in mycent-i mean he said in mycent 2.0 thread about linking to wiki,flickr or established site but he didn't implemented it. Do yourself and to others a favor by opening topic in section where we all get mycents. Avoid opening topic in support, answers thread because it gives no mycents(as if we are getting consistently anyway).

Nope, I'm pretty sure that opaque never coded that. It's just the same 'ol mycents system with less mycents for posts. I know cause i have 4 of em and i have never gotten more than i usually do (usually in mycent 4.0 is 1 buck for 3-4 posts for me). Hope that answers your question.@anwiii - she/he never got any mycents for this post.... it says 0, and (as i learned) you can't take away mycents. Maybe a mod took it away?