xisto Community
WENG

The End Of Life Is Death

Are you afraid of death?The Bible talks about death,the payment of sin is death.Romans6:23For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.Sin must be punish through death.Every one is sin and no one's perfect,no one righteous in God's sight.Romans 3:10As it is written there is none righteous no not one.Because of sin we cannot go to heaven and need to be punish through death penalty.But what is the good news?God loves us so much He is not willing that we perish in hell,John3:16For God so love the world the he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have everlasting life.What Jesus did for you?He is the one who payed your sin at the cross he died,shed blood for your sin Heb9:10,11,12 .Jesus become the substitute for you to pay sin.Because you cannot pay your sin,through your own works, or etc.God make a way so we can escape from that sin penalty the second death in hell.Jesus came to seek you to escape from going to hell.Whoso believe him(Jesus)should not perish but have everlasting life.Whoso believe not is condemned already and that person who believe not will be cast into hell once he or she died.Jesus already make that salvation to us it' free and who is willing to accept will have this eternal salvation through Jesus.John1:12;John10:28.

Well, I can't say that I'm afraid of dying. Death is completely out of our control.I have accepted that.I always treat each day as if it were my last. I do not believe in any form of afterlife. I believe once we die, that is it. It is definitely harder to accept and live with, but if you view it in a positive manner, it can influence you to love and cherish this life much more. So, simply we should all do our best while we live and try to get everything we can from life and respect all people around us, also to be happy as much we can. That isn't hard I think.

Well, I can't say that I'm afraid of dying. Death is completely out of our control.I have accepted that.I always treat each day as if it were my last. I do not believe in any form of afterlife. I believe once we die, that is it. It is definitely harder to accept and live with, but if you view it in a positive manner, it can influence you to love and cherish this life much more. So, simply we should all do our best while we live and try to get everything we can from life and respect all people around us, also to be happy as much we can. That isn't hard I think.

Yes, I would agree with pretty much all of that.

Remember the words of Epicurus:

"Where death is, I am not; where I am, death is not.

Why, then, should I fear death?"

I fear pain, I fear losing my sanity and I fear losing the ability to end my own life should I so choose. That is why I am a strong proponent of the right to ask others to help one commit suicide and am completely opposed to the current situation which means that such a request can lead to a charge of murder for anyone brave enough to help.

Okay good response.We cannot control it,and that will happen at any time.God is the only one who own our life,and just to live on this earth for a while and then He will take again.But the Question where we go that time after death?There is hell?and heaven?Do you assured your life to live in heaven or in hell?Heaven is the best and perfect place to live in. than hell.Choose heaven to live,by having accepted Jesus now and believing him only to save.John1:12

Okay good response.We cannot control it,and that will happen at any time.God is the only one who own our life,and just to live on this earth for a while and then He will take again.But the Question where we go that time after death?There is hell?and heaven?Do you assured your life to live in heaven or in hell?Heaven is the best and perfect place to live in. than hell.Choose heaven to live,by having accepted Jesus now and believing him only to save.John1:12

Of course we can control it - if I find myself with a terminal disease facing months of pain, you better believe I WILL control it. Where you go after death is your own choice - you can go 6ft down for the worms, or you can go to a gas-fired BBQ for an hour or so. I'll take the BBQ I think.

There is heaven and hell in YOUR worldview, not in mine, but in the spirit of cooperation I'll try to help.

What do we know about heaven? Well, Isaiah seems to have some information which might be useful:

Moreover, the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold as the light of seven days. Isaiah 30:26

That gives us enough information to do some sums. Heaven gets as much radiation from the moon as the earth does from the Sun, and it gets seven times seven = 49 times as much from the sun as eath does. That makes 50 times more in total.

OK, we can use Stefan-Boltzmann's law to calculate the termperature. (H/E)^4 = 50

(where E is the absolute temperature of the earth, 300?K)

This gives H the absolute temperature of heaven, as 798 Kelvin (525?C).

Now, what do we know about hell?

Revelations is useful here:

" But the fearful and unbelieving... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone."

OK - we know that brimstone (sulphur) turns gaseous at 444.6?C, so hell must be cooler than this otherwise the lake would evaporate.

So, given that hell is less than 444.6?C and heaven is around 525?C I think your best choice to stay the coolest would be hell...Heaven sounds a bit too toasty for comfort....

more psycho babble from someone who still doesn't know how to read or interpret a book. if all he gets out of heaven and hell is that it will be more comfortable in hell(not that i believe in any "hell"), then i hope he has that experience one day to see if he is right. al he does in not believing in anything at all is to make justifications in why he can act the way he does and "get away with it".

Dear friends I think death is the biggest truth in the world you can think of not giving birth to a kid or abort one but if one is born then he or she will meat death once and that is the inevitable truth of life. Then why to worry about death just accept it as the biggest truth in your life.

First of all i think that we should not afraid from death but i don't say that it is not frightening, death is something weird and we can not know what it is but we can only experience it once so we don't have the time to tell others about it and this is what have made it frightening. peoples with various religion have different views about death but most of them agree with something and that is the other life we have after our death. now no one knows what exactly happens after you die and no one can tell you that because there is no scientific way to say what happens to what we call soul after the body dies so i prefer not to think about it too much because we all will see what happens in the right time.I think this is just a plan for us from GOD that we don't know anything about death, so by being a complete unknown thing we all can base our lives on what we believe in. so if you believe in another life where there is hell and haven then you can arrange the things you do in this word based on that, but most peoples only say it and don't believe in it really because if you believe that you will be in pain in hell and in comfort in heaven and believe that doing bad things will lead you to hell then you will not do any crime, now if you ask the criminals i'm sure that at least 50 percent of them will say that they believe in hell and heaven but this is just a saying. now i think that if you believe in another life then you will not afraid from dying anymore because you think that your life will not end with dying and you will go to a better place and of course as you will afraid of going to hell you will avoid doing things to upset other peoples and always will try to be nice. so if every one in a society believe in something like this that society will become like heaven itself and i think this is the goal of death being unknown.Now the heaven and hell i think is only a definition, you can not say that hell is hot and heaven is cool or in hell you will see fire all over, i think heaven and hell are only symbols to show peoples where they will go after they die, maybe heaven is just like the best moments you had in your life just but in unlimited aspect that you will never reach the end of those moments in heaven and hell is like the worst moments you had. i think in heaven you will be always happy and this is a feeling that GOD can give you and you don't need any reason for being happy in there and exactly same thing just in oppose in hell goes on. So i don't think you can give any calculation for these definitions that even you can't imagine what are they based on. you can believe in heaven and hell as you like but it is very important to think about what you are believing in at least once to see if you don't have any problem with it, i can't satisfy myself with such definition and i really think that hell and heaven exist and they are containing our worst and best moments, so i will live my life in the way that i think is right and i hope i go in heaven too. So by this type of thinking i just try to afraid less from dying but anyway no one can say that there is no fear in dying, anyway in every ones birthday i always say that i wish you a long life so this shows that i like a long life :D so i think that all of us like to live longer even if our lives are not very comfort and easy.

First of all i think that we should not afraid from death but i don't say that it is not frightening, death is something weird and we can not know what it is but we can only experience it once so we don't have the time to tell others about it and this is what have made it frightening.

hmmmm. you say that death is frightening because we only experience it once AND we don't know what happens. you also call it something "weird". when you say people don't know about death, how many of those people actually know about life itself? the truth is, that statement is incorrect. it's not really the fear of the unknown because most people don't even know what life is. it's more like the fear of change. death is simple to explain really. it's change that occurs when you are no longer living in the physical body you were born with. there is no scientific evidence? well in some ways there is. take the caterpillar for instance. the caterpillar "dies" and becomes a butterfly. it's not really the same way humans experience "death" but this is just an example of why people shouldn't fear changes or living outside of ones original body.

also, before we can even talk about "death", we have to define it first because there are some instances where people have supposedly died and came back to life to talk about it. are we talking about the act of dying which would be a verb, or death as a nown? some doctors have even pronounced people dead without the hope of that person ever living again in that body. guess what? there have been instances where people HAVE survived those conclusions as well and lived to talk about it.

there are so many clues around us all to know that death is a part of life. "death" is connected to life. you can't have one without the other. so why on earth would people try to separate the two? if we are talking about death as a nown, then there are actually TWO times it comes in to play. before we are born and after we die. if we are talking about death as a verb, then we aren't talking about death at all but the act of dying and what we experience BEFORE we die. by we, i mean our physical bodies ofcourse and the time where the physical body ceases to function any longer.

when the body dies however, does that mean we die with it? or does it just mean that we are just living in a shell we call a body and there really is no "death"....just another means of existance. it's easier to believe in the latter. otherwise, what is the purpose of evolving? what's the purpose of science OR religion? what would be the purpose of going to school or even working at a tiring job ones whole life? so then why does there have to be a purpose to anything? there doesn't, but there is. it's clearly seen in human nature and the cycles of life and nature in general.

it's funny how people view death as something final though. some believe after we die, we just die. there is nothing more to experience. but because death is obviously connected to life, and logical deduction dictates that there is a purpose to life, then maybe death isn't the end. maybe "death" is only the beginning. in some ways, i believe this to be true. so why be afraid of death? to be afraid of death is to be afraid of life itself in my opinion. there really isn't anything to be afraid of if you take the time to look around and see the signs all around you and open yourself up to possibilities that science has never been able to acknowledge

so in my opinion, there is no "death". there is only life and the cycle of life. death to me is a made up word to describe something that happens when the body ceases to function which doesn't incorporate the life or energy that survives beyond that....with a purpose....

heaven and hell? no such thing. there is only levels of existence you make for yourself or what you have already made for yourself. there aren't seperate places you go after you die just like there aren't separate places you go when you are living. that doesn't mean there aren't different perceptions based on experiences which can be different for everyone. there are and always will be. heaven and hell are made up words formed through religion. and the funny part of religion to me is that they can claim they believe in god, but they themselves don't even understand life to believe in god. most belief in god doesn't come from an understanding of life, but more of a forced explaination of life through their own hopes to fill the voids of their own life. they use god and their belief as an excuse. more people convert to trying to believe in a god right before they die than any other time in a persons life. why? fear. some religions dictate you can't be with someone else outside their own religion. why? to make the religions stronger by converting others in to that religion and belief in god. some religions go so far as to promote sex and having babies so that religion can grow even stronger when children are born within a religion. it's not that most people believe in religion and/or god. it's that most people are trained to believe. this is why most people claim they are a part of a religion and believe in a god, but don't really understand life itself to truely believe in what they were forced in to believing. maybe this is why homosexuals are shunned within most major religions. they can't pro create. the result? religion cannot become stronger in numbers. who knows. it's not something many people talk about, but it's certainly something to think about.

i am no expert in life, nor will i claim to be. but i will go so far to say that i know and understand it more than most. most people believe in god and most people will claim to be part of a religious belief. if something good happens, they thank god. if something bad happens, they blame god. it's like they have no control over their own lives and god is the puppet master of everything that happens rather than take control over their own lives by understanding what life truely is FIRST. religions like to use words like "worship" in regards to worshiping a god. if god is inside us and we are connected to god, isn't that like worshiping ourselves? to me, it's a selfish and self rightious word. it's a controlling word and a word ti distribute power or the feeling of power.

i dunno why i got in to the topic of religion except that i know religion and religious beliefs and god and a higher power are all a part of life. the parts we understand and the parts that most people DON'T understand about life to even talk about a subject such as "the end of life is death"

Are you afraid of death?The Bible talks about death,the payment of sin is death.Romans6:23For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.Sin must be punish through death.Every one is sin and no one's perfect,no one righteous in God's sight.Romans 3:10As it is written there is none righteous no not one.Because of sin we cannot go to heaven and need to be punish through death penalty.But what is the good news?God loves us so much He is not willing that we perish in hell,John3:16For God so love the world the he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have everlasting life.What Jesus did for you?He is the one who payed your sin at the cross he died,shed blood for your sin Heb9:10,11,12 .Jesus become the substitute for you to pay sin.Because you cannot pay your sin,through your own works, or etc.God make a way so we can escape from that sin penalty the second death in hell.Jesus came to seek you to escape from going to hell.Whoso believe him(Jesus)should not perish but have everlasting life.Whoso believe not is condemned already and that person who believe not will be cast into hell once he or she died.Jesus already make that salvation to us it' free and who is willing to accept will have this eternal salvation through Jesus.John1:12;John10:28.

Death is not the last thing according to the Hindu relegion, as there is afterbirth and more trials to follow in Heven or Hell.
And fear for death is something which all people and living things are in trouble with. And people try their best to get the advantage by doing all they can.

Coming back to fear for death, there is punishment, but no one owns the sin that one commits, even if he shared the goods from the evil. There is no help if you are penalized for the sin as your sin is yours even if that was done for the good of the other.

Notice from rvalkass:

Copied content removed.

when you say people don't know about death, how many of those people actually know about life itself?...take the caterpillar for instance. the caterpillar "dies" and becomes a butterfly. it's not really the same way humans experience "death"

I know both life and death. I know resurrection as well. That beautiful insect, whose change you reference, is an excellent example of what resurrection is about. The periodic cicada is also an example of what the resurrection is like, and these begin their transformation in the evening, starting as crawling larvae, but by morning they have become flying creatures with changes of color and shape along the way. Edited by Edward Palamar (see edit history)