xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NNNOOOOOO

Ac To Dc using a bridge rectifier made of LEDs

The capacitor takes too much electricity from the final LED.

Posted Image

The transformers take the voltage from 220V to 9V (supposed to be 5V but couldn't do that 'cause the program can't handle that). Removing the capacitor makes the LED light brightly, but won't have a constant voltage (brightens and dims). With it, the light will still brighten and dim, but not as bad, but doesn't shine so brightly.

i think this topic should be in this category : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/285-electronics-electrical-lighting/

anyway i think those four LEDs you have draw are diods. you put a 1 millifarad capacitor which i think is big try with other range like micro farad.

another important thing is that you should know the peak to peak voltage of the input so the output in best conditions will be a little than half of the peak to peak voltage. look at the image below :

Posted Image

if your output is enough and the capacitor size is good, there should be no problem.