xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Omniscient

Make Your Computer Talk. This trick work in all the version of window.

What happen if your own computer say to you like this: Hey Bro 1. Open your notepad.2. Write down this code :Dim msg, sapimsg=InputBox("Enter your text","Talk it")Set sapi=CreateObject("sapi.spvoice")sapi.Speak msg3. Save the file as sound.vbs4. Open the sound.vbs file & one pop up window will occur5. Write down something in the text box ("Hey Bro") & click OK & then listen the written text on it.This trick work in all the version of window.Litlle fun donĀ“t hurts.

Edited by Omniscient (see edit history)

I'm pretty sure Microsoft comes with some sort of speech function built in. Although this is a good alternative if you don't want to use the generic feature provided by Microsoft.

Hmm is this what the sound of microsoft sam and inbuilt speech, assistance ? i have seen few assistacne program making such sounds but none of them are attractive enough to catch attention. They just use sam's voice and say the things you want to hear. Nice find by the way. if anyone wants to program their own text to speech then above code is good.

This *IS* the built in text-to-speech but it is being called up directly via VBS(Visual basic script). You could do a lot more with this.....voice alerts when some event happens, voice alerts on login/startup so you know the pc is ready from another room etc...

WIth Mac it's much easier.. just open System Prefs, Speech, choose a Voice, set a key (Alt + S recommended), and select some text, and your computer will talk to you. I use it to read. I think it's an amazing feature, for both the handicap or people whose eyes (like mine) just can't stare at a computer screen for a long time. So I have the computer read books to me. Sure, you have to put up with a somewhat monotone voice, but it's not so bad, and at night, you'll be asleep in a couple of pages :P

WIth Mac it's much easier.. just open System Prefs, Speech, choose a Voice, set a key (Alt + S recommended), and select some text, and your computer will talk to you. I use it to read. I think it's an amazing feature, for both the handicap or people whose eyes (like mine) just can't stare at a computer screen for a long time. So I have the computer read books to me. Sure, you have to put up with a somewhat monotone voice, but it's not so bad, and at night, you'll be asleep in a couple of pages :P

There is the same for Windows. In Control Panel you can test the voice settings by typing a message which computer can read it :)