xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Designing Again :) New Site I am working on..............

Wow... I might try that out... but I don't know. Shouldn't I do it the hard way to learn some programming first before I dabble in the easier ways of life? :/ Because I was aiming to get something out of it, like last time, instead of making it easy for myself and not learning anything. :/ But anyways, have to do the actual template first. :P I don't even know what I want on it exactly. Just some vague ideas on the design. :P

You can use NVU if it's working on OSX for you. As truefusion said you should rely on text editor. but don't get any text editor. for CSS there is top style editor that works on windows and OSX. for regular file editing you can use notepad++ or ultraedit or Jedit. Jedit and some similar text editors are better if you do a lot of handcoding.

I guess I need help now, just updated the template again after making certain changes that are in fact noticeable, so no need to specify them :P

Firstly, I need help in creating the layout of the page, just below the main horizontal navigation bar, there are 3 boxes, with the boxes at left and right end having fixed width of 200 px and the box at center also having fixed width at the moment, but, i don't want it to fixed, I want it to be fluid filling up entire space in the center which is what making me cry :angry: Since, I am not a css expert neither I am a web designer, so if anyone having good command over css and layouts, please help me making it fluid, so that I can get 3 column layout with left and right boxes as fixed and center box as fluid...........
also, all three of the boxes are contained in another div...

Please take a look at the template here.........

Reply asap......and also don't forget to leave your comments, and suggestions or even criticism regarding the template :)

Thanks in advance :)

I guess I need help now, just updated the template again after making certain changes that are in fact noticeable, so no need to specify them :P
Firstly, I need help in creating the layout of the page, just below the main horizontal navigation bar, there are 3 boxes, with the boxes at left and right end having fixed width of 200 px and the box at center also having fixed width at the moment, but, i don't want it to fixed, I want it to be fluid filling up entire space in the center which is what making me cry :angry: Since, I am not a css expert neither I am a web designer, so if anyone having good command over css and layouts, please help me making it fluid, so that I can get 3 column layout with left and right boxes as fixed and center box as fluid...........
also, all three of the boxes are contained in another div...

Please take a look at the template here.........

Reply asap......and also don't forget to leave your comments, and suggestions or even criticism regarding the template :)

Thanks in advance :)

check this link

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/layouts/item/css-liquid-layout-33-fluid-fluid-fluid/

it contains CSS under the example. and i am sure it will help you a lot.

also try this link

http://www.pmob.co.uk/pob/three-columns-fluid.htm

in general, i must say that if you want a fluid box or columns, you should set their width using percentage not pixels. pixels make the boxes or columns fixed not fluid. for example, in your layout make the left column (float: left;width: 33%; ) the same for the right column, and the middle column make it (float: left;
width: 34%; ).

i hope those will help and good luck.
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

i really think that with those small changes here and there, your template looks much more better. especially what you did in the footer, the colors look more fit with each other. i will be waiting for more changes and the final look of your template. good luck.