xisto Community
ManifestMW2

Windows Xp Or Windows 7 Ultimate

it depends on the computer, windows 7 is the best OS I've ever used, but if you're going to use windows 7 you should have AT LEAST 2GB of RAM and atleast a 2.5ghz Pentium 4 or higher, else it will be buggy and laggy, if you don't meet this standard then XP is good. and stable.also if you do decide to go with windows 7, don't waste your money on the Ultimate edition, if you really want ultimate, get home premuim, then just search on youtube for an "anytime upgrade key" this will upgrade you to ultimate edition, this is what I did and I had no problems at all. and the only real difference between home and ultimate editions is the ability to use windows xp mode. which I don't use, I just run a copy of XP on a virtual machine 8)

it depends on the computer, windows 7 is the best OS I've ever used, but if you're going to use windows 7 you should have AT LEAST 2GB of RAM and atleast a 2.5ghz Pentium 4 or higher, else it will be buggy and laggy, if you don't meet this standard then XP is good. and stable.also if you do decide to go with windows 7, don't waste your money on the Ultimate edition, if you really want ultimate, get home premuim, then just search on youtube for an "anytime upgrade key" this will upgrade you to ultimate edition, this is what I did and I had no problems at all. and the only real difference between home and ultimate editions is the ability to use windows xp mode. which I don't use, I just run a copy of XP on a virtual machine 8)

So you have virtual mode enabled for your ultimate edition ? i never saw any demo of that virtual machine. Does that copy of windows require seperate license ? I mean if that mode allows us to run windows XP in it for some apps or games then does it require seperate registrations ?

Windows 7 ultimate is better but i have some problems with xp which runs on 7 trough virtual machine. The first problem is a software named "SXE Injected" which is an anticheat software for playing counter strike online. the problem is that this software is not stable in win7 so i should use it in win xp and if i use virtual machine i get an error says sxe can not be run in virtual machine mode so i installed a xp beside my 7. another problem is that my graphic card has some problems with virtual machine even with driver fully installed i have very low frame rates but when i boot in actual xp there is no frame rate drop. This problems are there even with xp mode in windows 7 ultimate so i'm using both of these operating systems.

Windows 7 ultimate is better but i have some problems with xp which runs on 7 trough virtual machine. The first problem is a software named "SXE Injected" which is an anticheat software for playing counter strike online. the problem is that this software is not stable in win7 so i should use it in win xp and if i use virtual machine i get an error says sxe can not be run in virtual machine mode so i installed a xp beside my 7. another problem is that my graphic card has some problems with virtual machine even with driver fully installed i have very low frame rates but when i boot in actual xp there is no frame rate drop. This problems are there even with xp mode in windows 7 ultimate so i'm using both of these operating systems.

So xp mode in windows seven ultimate is not working good ? because i'm very interested in win7 and i haven't bought it yet and i want to buy an ultimate version because i have heared that it will run windows xp softwares using the xp mode without any problem.

As i see there is a suggestion of buying home premium instead of ultimate. what are the exact differences between home premium and the ultimate one ?

Hmm, that's strange. I heard that windows 7 having a lower requirement than windows XP. Machines that run windows XP smoothly will have no issues with 7 is what i have heard of. About XP mode in windows 7 i have very little idea about it so can't comment on it.

Most likely those who are using windows 7 here now can help us by commenting here.

If you have Windows 7 Ultimate, you can download a free copy of windows XP that will run in Microsoft Virtual PC and it will need no registration.I never did this though. because Microsoft VPC lacks features and doesn't run that smoothly. what I do is install guest OS's in Virtual Box https://www.virtualbox.org/
I had an XP disc from my old computer so I just installed it from that. runs smoothly and is stable. I also have another install of Win7 on a VM as well along with a few editions of linux. (the only reason I use VM at all is to test files for viruses and test programs compatibility)

Hmm, that's strange. I heard that windows 7 having a lower requirement than windows XP. Machines that run windows XP smoothly will have no issues with 7 is what i have heard of. About XP mode in windows 7 i have very little idea about it so can't comment on it.
Most likely those who are using windows 7 here now can help us by commenting here.

You're in luck, my friend had the same problem.

Well, it seems like the coders for SXE injected are not doing anything about it, so i would suggest you use a full version of XP instead of running XP on Windows 7 Virtual Machine. Virtual Machines - any kind, even in Mac OS X and Ubuntu Linux - all run pretty badly, and turns into total crap when playing games (Starcraft lagged on me while on XP virtual machine mode in Mac). It also applies to the Windows 7 XP mode, which I have no idea why.

The only solution to this is to run a fresh copy of the other OS, which is XP in this case, on another partition.

So, my conclusion:
Xp: for Gamers
Vista: Don't even think about using it
7: for non-gamers, and gamers who manage to tweak windows 7 to their needs
(extra)
Mac OS X: For people who just love it, and who are patient enough to wait for their games to come on Steam or Transgaming
Linux: Mostly hackers, and some people who just love it.

Like some of the others have said... It all comes down to your hardware. You should verify that your system hardware is Windows 7 Compatible.

I also run Windows 7 and Windows XP...

I prefer Windows 7 though and only use Windows XP because of the drivers for some of my equipment.

There is the option to run Windows XP through Windows 7 using "Windows XP mode"...

You can get it for free here: Windows 7 XP Mode Download