xisto Community
livepcportal

Your Site Stats..... Hope will get something to learn from others sites :)

Hello everyone, since, the forum is almost dead, no new topics and nothing interesting to make post, so, I hope this thread will help a little to break the dead silence of the forum :lol:

I actually wanted to post this thread in website discussion category, but, since, it requires moderator approval and I hardly saw a mod here being active, thus, I was left with no other to create this topic here....

Well, this thread might be as a medium to earn mycents for others, but, in reality matters a lot for me, the idea is simple you have to post your

1. site/blog name, if have many sites/blogs then please don't be shy in mentioning all of them..... :PPM ME YOUR SITE NAMES OR BLOG NAMES

2. main idea behind creating your site/blog,

3. how much money you are earning from your site/blog

4. visitors you are getting to your site or blog

5. top google keyword bringing traffic to your site/blog

6. how you are promoting your site/blog

7. are you satisfied with your site/blog

8. ........or any other thing which I am forgetting to write here

Now, to tell you why I want to know these things, is simply because I want to know how much other people are getting results for their efforts which they put in creating their site/blog......or simply, you can take this as a survey, results of which will make me learn something :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by livepcportal (see edit history)

I can't reveal much information by ansering these question. No offense but just don't want to self promote here because that is likely to give me warning from mods or admins. If not still then i choose not to for obvious reason-competitor spying.LOL. But anyway i can give you some data. Blogs- 1 PR 4 and 2 PR3Traffic -300-550 on 2 PR3 blogsMost of traffic is from US/UK/JPPromotion- not much word of mouth, tweets and other social media promotionSatisfied - yes

I can't reveal much information by ansering these question. No offense but just don't want to self promote here because that is likely to give me warning from mods or admins. If not still then i choose not to for obvious reason-competitor spying.LOL. But anyway i can give you some data.
Blogs- 1 PR 4 and 2 PR3
Traffic -300-550 on 2 PR3 blogs
Most of traffic is from US/UK/JP
Promotion- not much word of mouth, tweets and other social media promotion
Satisfied - yes

thank you mahesh........but if you can't name your site here then, pm me your site name, really would like to visit and hope will learn some thing and get some ideas from your sites/blogs :)

GREAT idea livepcportal,you just read my mind, now what are you a magician or something ;) i wanted to do the same idea but a different way, i want to ask admins if they could add a new category for member's sites and i mentioned that in this thread http://forums.xisto.com/topic/71816-where-are-you-trappers/page-4#entry497327any way, here is my answers:1- i have one blog.2- the main idea is to make my own site and learn all i want to learn about creating sites and showing others the way too. so it is a beneficial project for me as a web designer and for others.3- till now nothing :D i didn't add any ads yet only an amazon affiliate program and i got nothing from it till now :). but i will concentrate on that in the future.4- according to my hint counter the unique visitors are about 3000 visitor.5- keywords are very difficult to deal with, right now i have my own fights to find the best keywords for my posts. and it can't be stated here because it depends on the tutorial i write. but keywords for my all site are: web design, web development, codes, coding...ect.6- i have an account and page on facebook, also i use twitter, RSS, and some social communities like digg, stumbleupon, reddit...ect.7- yeah i am satisfied with the work i do on my blog, but i think it needs more.8- hmmmm, nothing i guess :).and by the way i started my blog about 9 months ago.

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

GREAT idea livepcportal,you just read my mind, now what are you a magician or something ;) i wanted to do the same idea but a different way, i want to ask admins if they could add a new category for member's sites and i mentioned that in this thread

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/71816-where-are-you-trappers/page-4#entry497327

hehehe.........i am not a magician or anything like that, I was thinking of asking these things from past one week, the day when i think of starting again working on my site again......
and yeah, i too read that suggestion in that thread, but, before you created it, i create this thread...... :P

It is the mysterious Pokemon site of doom!

- Balanced Pokemon Roleplaying that gives you the freedom you get when you write, yet balancing it out with game mechanics for a fair overall feel.

Profit: -1.95$ (Seeing as I need to pay for Logic Plan Hosting xD)

Visitor Count: 10 persons/a day

Google Keyword: ...What is this?

Promotion Tactics: ...None...

Satisified? There's always room for more improvement and it needs more of it

That's all? I think...

Thanks for making the topic. So, here are my stats. I think I'm also going to share some more information as well since I'm not making any money off my site and I'm glad if I can help some newbies out there.

(all the information is from the last 30 days)

Tutoriary.com

I got 244 visits from 219 different visitors (unique visitors) in the last 30 days.

Most of them came through Google (~75 %), the most popular search through which they arrived is "gimp round button", but apparently it wasn't very helpful and people left my site immediately. The longest visit through Google search was with "gimp vertical navigation bar", it lasted 25 minutes and the visitor continued to 6 other pages during visit.

90 % of people arriving through Google left immediately, which is somewhat understandable because you don't always find what you're searching for. 90 % of my visitors are new visitors, which is also natural since the majority come through search engines.

The most popular articles are the ones about GIMP graphics. This is because people search for them more than HTML and other tutorials. The ones coming to my site through links do take a look at the non-graphic-related ones too. Although I have to admit the quality of all of my tutorials has been going down. I stopped writing them months ago. Now I'm on vacation and thinking of starting again.

The most popular article on my site is this: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, one of the first articles I published.

I'm not promoting my site in any way, other than that link you see in my signature. I used to be active in 2 web design -related forums and I had a signature link there also, sometimes I bumped into a question that had been answered on my site and linked to my own articles. I didn't use social networking and other stuff like that. My visitor count was two times the one today, and most of the people arrived through referring links.

The main idea behind my site was to share some of my knowledge about web graphics, coding websites and other helpful information about maintaining sites, software and so on.

I'm not satisfied with my site, I think I have to pull myself together and change the look, publish tutorials and freebies and promote the site. One of the options I can think of is that I help this sutra disaster too, by publishing mini-tuts here and then shamelessly pointing to my own site, "here you can find more", but I'm not sure if I want to do those things, or if that is even following the rules.