xisto Community
iGuest

Transferring Files From Internal To External Hard Drive

Is there an easy way to transfer files from an internal to an external hard drive other than copy and pasting?I have a lot of files scattered allover the computer, it will be a pain to copy and paste all of them.

Whichever method you use will require you to select the files you want to copy in some way, so will be no faster or easier for you than copying and pasting. If the filenames of the files you want to copy follow a particular pattern then you can use command line tools to find them and copy them, which would be much easier for you. However, like I said, it only works if all the filenames follow a pattern (ie. you want to copy all .ODF, .ODS, .JPG and .PNG files, or all files with the format aaa11111.jpg). If you plan on regularly backing up then you may want to look into automated backup software - that way you need to specify the files and folders you want backed up only once, and it will repeat that task however often you set it to. I wrote a tutorial about it on here actually:http://forums.xisto.com/topic/62460-my-new-backup-solution-kind-of-a-reviewadvice/?p=417992__