xisto Community
fenixfan

Aliens: Fact Or Fiction Do Aliens Exist

i think evidence of existence of aliens like ufos are just paranormal phenomena. A paranormal phenomena means that it's something unknown to us but why it's unknown? my answer to this question is that science isn't progressed enough to find out how this phenomenas happen. So is the existence of aliens a fact? i think due to lack of the knowledge there is no logical answer to this however scientist are trying to answer this question by exploring other planets. but i think there is problem with the way they have chosen to answer this question. they are trying to prove that there is life in other planets (as they are trying to find oxygen and water in other planets) but what if the aliens (:D) doesn't need water or oxygen for living ? when something is completely unknown you can't specify aspects of it. so i don't think we find the answer so soon an till then i will say it's a fiction.

This is what we are discussing right now. That aliens could be different but we area assuming as per our current knowledge that life that begins right now is from carbon. So there has to be some point for typical life on planets. and this is the way we assume aliens being similar to us or drinking water or breathing. Ofcourse it's fiction but the way we think in this thread is better than UFO conspiracies and creationism pun.

I never thought silicon has that potential. I guess i need to keep myself updated with evolution in order to get this stuff. Which source you use to keep yourself updated with evolution, biology ? i prefer berkeley's site or university journals but that rarely helps when it comes to looking up new research.

Mainly my own forum - ScienceFile. It's one I help manage and moderate and it is designed mainly for scientists or people interested in science. We have quite a few biologists so if I want to research something I normally start with a question there.
If I want to consult the literature then I used to go to the journal concerned but I recently came across a nice webservice called Mendeley which indexes most of the papers I would be interested in.

Mainly my own forum - ScienceFile. It's one I help manage and moderate and it is designed mainly for scientists or people interested in science. We have quite a few biologists so if I want to research something I normally start with a question there.If I want to consult the literature then I used to go to the journal concerned but I recently came across a nice webservice called Mendeley which indexes most of the papers I would be interested in.

Thanks for posting the links. Good to hear that you have some good bilogist in your community. I'll keep tabs at this sites from now on. Have to check mendeley now, i think this one will help me as well. I was in search of such services. Thanks for posting the link.
Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

Illusion is something that is deceiving the mind and the senses. Several conditions would contribute to illusions like wishful thinking, fear, belief.Most descriptions of aliens are very similar to the characters in our fairy tales. It’s the projection of our collective mind. No matter they look strange they still have eyes, legs and speak somehow. Those man-like features in my opinion prove that the image is a human mind made.