xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sirhenry

Cellphone Viruses Coming to a cellphone near you...

I have never heard of this virus on cell phones. This is weird I mean soon there will be macafee for cell phones or something like that. I guess people who make viruses have nothing else better to do but just piss people off by sending viruses and now making viruses for Cell Phones. That is so stupid its not even funnyl

Cellphone manufacturers actually designed their products with viruses. So the cellphone users would buy another cellphones from them after their units were infected, or they, the users, would upgrade their phone with fees. these flaws were created long before they could release the mobile phone unitse in the market.

This is same with the Windows Operatin System, they already had Windows 98 with them when they released Windows 95, So people will be required to upgrade to Windows 98 because of Windows 95 flaws. That's just one of the reasons how Bill Gates became rich. ;)

51350[/snapback]

You are right in speaking of planned obsolescence in software. However, you seem to have your terms (and grammar) a bit mixed up. I believe you meant to say that cellphone manufacturers intentionally embed defects into their products. Embedding viruses would make very little sense.

Many software companies also purposely scale back on the debugging process so as to gain more revenue from support and technical assistance. That's just another reason why OSS is so great!

wow this is crazy. I couldn't make it if my cell phone was messed up from a virus.. I say more people use cell phones more than computers now days. The world would be off balance.

here is a mobile phone infected with skull and bones:

Posted Image

pretty, eh? ;) makes me have second thoughts of upgrading my mobile phone to newer models. i think i'm happy with what i have right now --- with SMS/MMS/GPRS/WAP features, but no bluetooth yet. :P

i didn't even know that they were cellphone viruses... ;) this are the times when im really glad to have and old cellphone hahahaha i dont need to worry for that kind of stuff.. but anyway how do they did it? i mean are they cellphone programs that let you codify (it's spelled like that :s?) viruses? like notepad or that kind of stuff?