xisto Community
inea

Bad Image Can you remove the bad image please?

An image will be removed if found to violate the rules of the forums. I believe the rules, at least a general form of them, are already in place for the gallery. If you are not allowed to post them in the forums, then it should be obvious that the same rules apply for the gallery.That being said, there is no need to be rude to the topic starter simply because he was courageous enough to post his thoughts on a certain image.

hmmm, this is a weird and interesting topic. so here is what i think, i like the gallery because it is a way to share images and photos with others and some are a very good photos, but i really don't like how it shows in the top of the forum. i really think it should be in the sidebar or in the bottom or in a separate page, even the "gallery" button shows floating in no where in the forum. and i really think it breaks the menu layout and opaque should notice that long time ago.about the freaky orange or pumpkin as i like to call, well i don't think it is scary inea, but it surly makes me hate eating orange any more :D. and i don't think it should be removed because it doesn't affect the rules of the forum in any way, in fact, as long as it is an image made by a member here, then he has the right to upload it. so just look at it as a photoshoped work that has been done by a member. and it could be a creative work that may help others to learn more about photoshop.besides, now, i really think that the gallery is very important, because now i use it to upload my photos and images that i use here, instead of uploading them to other sites like imageshake, and add link to the image here. uploading images and photos here is absolutely more beneficial and secure. so as long as we use the gallery to upload photos that we could use in the forum, that means they are fit the rules and could be posted. p.s:between, if you found that orange is scary then never please visit sotw section, it fills of scary monsters and freaky images that made as a signature :P.edit:oh great, i just checked, seems opaque fixed the "gallery" button. now,it is no longer breaks the menu layout :) thanks opaque, you did a great job opaque. and i feel relieved now ;) .

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

An image will be removed if found to violate the rules of the forums. I believe the rules, at least a general form of them, are already in place for the gallery. If you are not allowed to post them in the forums, then it should be obvious that the same rules apply for the gallery.
That being said, there is no need to be rude to the topic starter simply because he was courageous enough to post his thoughts on a certain image.

I don't think its about the "ranting" of the image, I think why they (shadowx and maybe anwiii) are angry is that Inea posted some really really crappy images to cover it up.

I am angry that an individual with minority views feels he has the right to censor publicly owned content for his own little mind despite the majority view being that it does not need censoring.I will happily re-upload the image every time inea shifts it along. If it gets replaced by honest content then fair enough. But i wont bow to censorship ;)

The name of 1 of the pictures is something like annoying picture. This indicates clearly that the pictures are ment to annoy other people. So it can be argued that deliberately and willingly try to annoy other users of the forum is not 1 of the best things to do.

If being annoying is 1 of the reasons that the pictures are made and even more that the pictures are put on the gallery there is no need to complain about it that such a picture gets reactions.

Another point is the rights issue. It seems the pictures of the orange with eyes and a mouth are made by somebody using photoshop. These pictures are put on the Gallery. Does this make the pictures free of rights? Uploading a picture to the gallery doesn't mean every computer owner and internet user has the right to copy the picture and download it on a website. Not even when it is the same website the picture was uploaded before. So the ownerships rights of internet content can be taken in consideration here. This remarks are made about the person who uploads the picture of the orange made by somebody else to the gallery. It might depend on the intentions of the person who made the picture if it is allowed for somebody else to copy and upload the picture. Just putting a picture on the internet itself doesn't indicate the picture is free of rights.

The same question whether or not it is allowed to copy and upload pictures regards the other pictures found on the internet too. When the gallery is used for showing a self made picture there is no issue about the ownership and user rights for the person who made and uploads the picture.

Edited by inea (see edit history)

The name of 1 of the pictures is something like annoying picture. This indicates clearly that the pictures are ment to annoy other people. So it can be argued that deliberately and willingly try to annoy other users of the forum is not 1 of the best things to do.

If being annoying is 1 of the reasons that the pictures are made and even more that the pictures are put on the gallery there is no need to complain about it that such a picture gets reactions.

Another point is the rights issue. It seems the pictures of the orange with eyes and a mouth are made by somebody using photoshop. These pictures are put on the Gallery. Does this make the pictures free of rights? Uploading a picture to the gallery doesn't mean every computer owner and internet user has the right to copy the picture and download it on a website. Not even when it is the same website the picture was uploaded before. So the ownerships rights of internet content can be taken in consideration here. This remarks are made about the person who uploads the picture made by somebody else to the gallery. It might depend on the intentions of the person who made the picture if it is allowed for somebody else to copy and upload the picture. Just putting a picture on the internet itself doesn't indicate the picture is free of rights.

The same question whether or not it is allowed to copy and upload pictures regards the other pictures found on the internet too. When the gallery is used for showing self made pictures there is no issue about the ownership and user rights.

The picture/series is called "Annoying Orange" on Youtube, thats why the title is like that. And the ones that are uploaded are copies from the series... not photoshopped and if they were, they still belong to the publisher and since the title comes with the picture, it could promote the series (which is not meant ;) ). And I don't think that guy on youtube is gonna mind much because his creation is all over the web.

Since i am not making a profit on the images the right of copyright doesnt really apply so much. Since i have also not altered the image at all i have pretty much gone along with the accepted standards of copyright on the internet.You too uploaded other people's images to the web so if i am guilty then so are you ;)I will keep re-uploading that image until you stop trying to censor the content based on your minority views. No-one else here has a problem with this image except you. If the majority of the forum did not want to see it i would consider not uploading it. But it is only you and you are trying to make me shut up and sit down because YOU dont like it, not because i am doing something wrong but because YOU want your OWN way, regardless of the feelings of others.Good day.

If this battle between the 2 of you keeps going on I will apply a warning to both your accounts. That being said it looks like we have to monitor the image gallery more closley since people can't seem to be mature about it. In regards to the concern about it being slow for dial up users - putting it at the top or bottom of the page won't matter. It still has to load when you come to the website. Only alternative would be removing it completly from the home page.