xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nik

Making Friends At Work Is it possible to make friends at work

Hello everybody,I want to know making friends at work is possible or not. You can tell me making friends at work is good or bad for our job. My opinion to this Making friends at work is dependent on the company where you are working. Suppose I am working in a company where the work load is more then making friends at such a places is impossible. It also depends on your Boss of the company and the team leader of the project. I think making friends at work is good because when you make friends at work you can ask them the questions and queries about the work and project. You can take their experience. You can share your ideas and problems with your friends at work. So I think making friends at work will help us more.

You can make friends but you need to keep some distance. Some co-workers can take benefit of your thinking and can affect your work. Though generally we think all the people included in the company help others and solve each others problems. It is not so in every case. Corporate world works entirely different. You need to understand this and have to be diplomatic in some situations. Also avoid sharing your facebook, orkut profiles with your co-workers. Views expressed in social networking and communities sometimes affect the work and co-workers. So be cautious instead of thinking good or bad in the times. It is always better to approach the situation in positive way than thinking everything is going wrong or everything is fine. Precaution in relationship in workplace is always by keeping distance otherwise it makes it hard for you later.

i always love to make friends with others, especially in work field. but in the same time i am so cautious in the beginning. as mahesh said, i believe you should take your time before telling others details about your life or share them your email or facebook account. you should be careful to whom you put your trust in and not treating everyone like your friends. usually, i always be nice with everyone, help them and ask them for help. and step by step, i could make an overall image about everyone around me. and when i feel that i am close to someone i wait till i know he/she is interested in me too and we should go on from this point and test things to be friends or not. building a strong friendship needs a lot of work and giving, and only time could show you if your choice is right or not. in my last job, i worked for four years with about 10 or 12 persons in one department. and i can only call two of them are my close friends. so it is a hard thing to do, to get a true friend, that could be there for you when you need him/her. and remember, easy come easy go ;) .

I believe it is essential to make friends with your co-workers or team mates. You get to spend almost 40 percent of your working day time with them. It also helps in creating a productive working family in the work. Imagine working sitting at your desk in silence all day long - the stress. However, boundaries should be drawn just like what mahesh2k said. Work is work.I work for a web publishing company and there only 10 of us. It's inevitable that we become friends. In a corporate setting where you are turn into an ID Number, it's different.

Edited by linekill (see edit history)

Oh it would be agony to work in a place where you werent' friends with the people around you! Work goes much smoother when people are friends and cooperate and help each other. Work is bad enough (that's why they call it work) but if your at odds with the people around you it's going to be 100 times worse.

Well, it's a two-sided situation. On one hand, making friends that work with you is helpful because it helps you relate to others while you work. This has strong psychological effects that make you feel better and allow you to work better as a result.But you do not want to move anywhere past friendships. At the same time that friendships help, relationships (such as boyfriend/girlfriend) can hurt them. This is especially true if you break up, as you will more than likely be seeing each other on a regular basis still.So pretty much what you want to keep in mind is that friendships = good, relationships = bad (on the job, at least).