xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Problem Navigating The Forums

hi trappers,i have a real problem with my browsers i guess, therefor i post this topic in here. but i don't know what it is? i hope you could help me in here.i noticed recently, about a week ago or more that i can't see all new posts and topics, i usually use "view new contents", but now i either see some of the posts or see nothing at all, i keep on getting this message "Sorry, no new content found.".and two days ago, i noticed that i can't see voting in Sotw. even when there are voting but i still see null voting. i tried switch browsers, clearing cache and restarting browsers but nothing changed. i know it is a problem in my browsers ( i use opera and firefox). because i checked, everyone else could see new posts and the voting. and i could see them if i entered the forums as a guest!!!so maybe it is a problem in java script in my browsers, or something i really don't know :( . it is so annoying, because these days i have to check others posts from entering their profiles. i really hope someone could give me a solution or anything could help. thank you in advance.

I've similar problem. I'm using dial-up on GPRS mobile set. And because of which it takes time to load the forums. there is no recent content or get content link at the top. I hope that this link gets its place at the top instead of at the bottom. I don't know if there is facility for this from IPB. But that will solve the problem for dialup and other low speed users.

i noticed recently, about a week ago or more that i can't see all new posts and topics, i usually use "view new contents", but now i either see some of the posts or see nothing at all, i keep on getting this message "Sorry, no new content found.".

Does this page show anything for you?

Could be a problem with your DNS, switch to OpenDNS using these methods. If that doesn't work, unplug your router and wait for 10 secs and put in back in. That's what i do when I have a problem with internet -- it works for everything :)

Are you having this problem ONLY in the forum? Have you experienced something similar in other forums/sites? Because if it doesn't happen in other sites, it could just be a problem on KS or your profile. If it doesn't happen on other sites, I would do this -

First, Clear your cookies by clicking "delete my cookies" in the bottom.

Log back in

Go to settings

Change everything back to normal

clear your cookies again

Log back in

Does this page show anything for you?

yes i can see two pages of posts and topics, and it seems that they are the active contents in the last 24 hours!!
now i really wonder how you could show all these posts, i always see only the new contents. and i know that i missed some posts when i check the portal page. thanks in advance for your help truefusion :) .

Could be a problem with your DNS, switch to OpenDNS using these methods. If that doesn't work, unplug your router and wait for 10 secs and put in back in. That's what i do when I have a problem with internet -- it works for everything
Are you having this problem ONLY in the forum? Have you experienced something similar in other forums/sites? Because if it doesn't happen in other sites, it could just be a problem on KS or your profile. If it doesn't happen on other sites, I would do this -

First, Clear your cookies by clicking "delete my cookies" in the bottom.
Log back in
Go to settings
Change everything back to normal
clear your cookies again
Log back in

i don't think that i should change my DNS, since i have no problem with navigation in other sites, but i didn't test in another forums in particular. the only forums i visit is Xisto :) . and i tried what you said about clearing cookies before but didn't work :( . thank you deadmad, you helped me a lot till now.

and now i can see posts like before but still can't see the voting. even i can't see the whole new posts, i know that because when i check the portal page i found many posts that i didn't see before.