xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zanzibarjones

How To Be A Good Leader...

I am in no way an expert on the subject, but I would have to say that being a good leader, manager takes a few key qualities.1) Integrity2) Knowledge of the job3) Fairness4) OrganizationOf these four qualities, Integrity stands out to be the most important I think. You need to be able to do what you say you are going to do, and stand by your decisions. Don't lie, and don't kiss *bottom*.What do you think?

A good leader both leads and follow. He should have an open mind and is willing to listen to the tiny ideas of the people below him. Will take courage to step up on what he believe but won't drag the pack/group along with his failure. He should also be the person who will protect his group not because others tells him to or others think that they should be protected but instead he is doing it because he believes in them. A good leader is a person that never stop to try to improve the whole pack/group because he clearly knows that the groups overall performance will lessen the burden on his duties.You can spot a good leader when people starts to follow him without him broadcasting any intent to lead. People believes in him without him exerting any effort to control the group. People know that they should follow since his actions and mindset dictates them that it is wise to let him lead.

A good leader both leads and follow.

yes i agree 100%.i think it's the #1 thing that makes someone a good leader. in other words, a good leader has to be a team player. i remember quiting one of my jobs because the manager wasn't a team player. all she would do is boss people around. she would critisize them openly in public while others were around. she didn't have a problem with me. in fact, i was going to go far in that place of business. she liked me, but i didn't admire her one single bit so i quit

when i was managing a pizza place with about 15 employees, i would get my hands diry bussing tables and cleaning drains after hours. the more you can follow being a team player, the more others will respect you and it will go to show that the people under your position will work harder.

if one just bosses people around to LEAD, then that person will lose the respect of his/her coworkers. sure there are times where you have to JUST lead, but if you JUST lead, you can never be a good leader.

also, it's important to show people that you can actually do what you are leading them in to. so one has to have first hand knowledge and SHOW that you have first hand knowledge before you are able to lead someone in to doing what you want them to. telling someone what to do when you don't have first hand knowledge or unwilling to show that knowledge by doing FIRST, isn't going to go far in my opinion. you wont gain any admiration or respect from your co workers and in turn, wont be as productive.

but if one is a good leader while being able to lead AND follow, a lot of the other important things to run a business productively will fall in to place. to me, running a business with employees is like a marriage. you have to count on eachother and work as a group to get things done.
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

A team leader should have the good personality.The main thing that every group leader must have is that he should be very frank with his team or group members. Team leader must be very fluent in language with his team mates. He should always try to improve spirit of each team mates. The very important thing is he should have the perfect knowledge about the project on which entire team is working. There must not be any partiality with team members in a group by team leader. Team leader should always remember to make team as good as possible. Team leader's main motto should be how his team can accomplish task so easily without any conflict. He must use only one language which is understandable by all team mates, it means he must not use any local language with some of his friends within a group. Team leader should always try to solve problems of team member regarding the projects. He should treat equally with each team member. The team leader becomes more stronger when he shares the problems occurred with previous team. Team leader is the most responsible person in the project. He should share his ideas and experience with his junior and he should instruct them the team rules and regulation in the beginning of the project.

This will vary from each person's view on how the leader should be. Some people like soft spoken leader while some people like aggressive and terse speaker. I have seen that most of the leaders keep trust on their disciples and this is how most of them become good leaders. It's not about leading a good team or leading in front. Sometimes working with team with moving strings from behind can be a act of leadership too. There are many examples of leadership. Leaders in corporate world and business varies from other leaders. For example, sport leaders and the business leaders have different situation and there is huge difference in the way they approach it. It all comes to down situation, people manipulation skills and where and what to do. You'll have to be specific with the leadership skills in certain domain in order to understand how to lead in that situation.