xisto Community
The Simpleton

Obama Saya Us Doesn't Like Second Place

well i don't see it as a break down of a democracy here as there haven't been any initiates yet to consult on or to vote on. right now, if i am reading things cleary, there is a committee for both side laying down the groundwork and platform to start initiating the required changes before they bring it before our congress and your parliament. in a democracy, a president or prime minister can't act alone to initiate changes. it has to go through the proper channels eventually or it would be deemed illegal. i seriously doubt this is what is happening because it is still in the very beginning stages and talks have just begun. no changes, no nothing. just talks.i see that your worst fear is the breakdown of democracy, but in my opinion, that would be the least of your worries since i doubt that would ever happen. like i said, democracy does have it's downfalls, and part of the downfall is the ability to take away the sovereignty of the people over time who live in that political systemthe reason there is no support in canada for the rcc from it's citizens is because there isn't any information out there to support. in fact, there isn't even enough information to protest about it. same here in the u.s.. i am sure over time, everyone will have their wish and they can either be in support of it or against it after sufficient information is released to the public.again, i think that to implement a plan like this, there has to be a little sensitivity involved here. i've already covered a couple of the sensitive issues in regards to big business and national security threats. would you rather accept those threats just so you can know what is going on now rather than later?there is a reason this hasn't been on the news. it's not news worthy yet. i've tried to find some links of my own but can't find any information on this thing other than what i have already found through the links you gave. it's just not news worthy. the media isn't covering anything up. like i said, i heard about this on the news(i don't remember when). there is nothing to report. do you see the news talking about how democracy on both side are being ignored? no......why? because it isn't happening. if it was, wouldn't that be news worthy? you'd be hearing a lot about it, right? yea, the government has some control over public media, but if there was any serious issues with the breakdown of democracies or our political systems, there would be absolutely no way to keep that under wraps.take like three deep threaths bud and be patient just like everyone else has to be. i don't like it either that i have to wait to know what's going on, but i have to trust in the higher powers that be that they know what they are doing by not releasing a lot of information on this yet. so should you. i think it makes both governments look bad when people strike out against their government on something so prematurally when they don't even have information any anything to strike out against in the first place.

Morning All,just tuned in to see that the americans are trying to catch up again :)Its been the case for many years now that the US has tried to convience its people to BUY American, and it seems that the message is not getting through. It would be fair to say that I am slightly biast here as the Australian Economy is riding very heavily on the success of the Chinese Booming Ecconomy with our resources being required for thier ongoing success. The Australian government has also been touting the Buy Australian Campaign for many years with several consumer lines being threatend by the continued growth of the asian ecconomies and as such many jobs have been lost here due to manufacturing powerhouses moving off shore to cheaper labour forces in the asia pacific regions.So as much as I would like to see the American and Australian Economies and Business regains its strength, I doubt very much if we will ever see the manufacturing boom of the 60 - 80 that were evedent in our respective countries, It would seem that both the asian and more so the Chinese markets have far exceeded anybodys expecations with thier ongoing growth and resourcefull ness.... Currently we are expereincing a boom in imported Chinese motor vehicles, and why wouldn't we when you have the option of purchasing a Toyota 4X4 SUV in Australia for arround $50K or a Chinese Made "Great Wall" 4X4 SUV for arround $22K it makes a heck of a lot of sence to us to buy a cheaper vehicle with exactily the same fit out and even longer warranty features.....This ofcoures is reflected in just about every consumer based product that we have on our shelves in Australia, there is not a single item in the electronics or white goods market these days that is not effected by the asian manufacturing giants. We are even having the influx of Asian based produce and food lines effecting our own local growers and producers..... so it is little wonder that the asian markets continue to develop at a greater rate then our australian and american markets.... As for the aliance between Canada and the US it would make sence when you consider the current position of the Canadian Dollar vs' the American Dollar, not to mention the geographical benifits of your countries forming a benifitial economic and social unity. Again it has been something that has been on the books here in australia with New Zealand for many years, so much so that any party from New Zealand who comes to Australia is given the same social rights and economic rights as far as social security benifits being paid to those who are unemployed in australia regardess of thier origin. From my reviews of the growing economic climates globally and the centres of power, I can see a continued shift from our existing beliefe that the US and Europe followed by the OZ Economies being a base of strength, this shift will in the not to distant future make a dramitic shift away from these centres and towards a powerhouse alignment with the following countries and i see the ranking as such.1. China2. India3. Southern Asian Countries Pacific Rim4. American Alliances5. Australian / New Zealand6. Europian / Russian 7. African ContinentThis is ofcourse my own personal views but you are welcome to correct me if you feel that I am incorrect but I think you will see that this shift will occur in the next 5 - 10 years and global ecconomies will become more depenand on our current so called 3rd world economices for support and supply of our vital manufactuing....Looking forward to your comments and feed back on this...CheersJase