xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FiReStOrM

Crimes? how we can prevent them?

I don't think there is a way to prevent crimes in the world. you can only do so much to try and stop it but everything fails. I do however wish there wasnt as much crime in the world. it would make the world a little better or at least thats my opinion

There are only two solutions to "eradicate" crime completely.(1) Eliminate all laws. Make everything legal and you would have no crime! (2) Eliminate the human population. With no one out there to commit the crime, there would be no crime.Every other method cannot eliminate crime. There are always freaks out there that simply cannot follow laws because they are messed up in the head, even if it is temporary. Look at crimes of passion/rage, guy catches his wife cheating in his bed! He murders them on the spot. Now, most normal people would not kill them but it happens. There is no self control at that point.

it's impossible to eliminate crimes ... just because we are humans .. everyone do make mistake .. it's just that some1 is making some big mistakes .. and we cant prevent that ... every1 is different .. we cant control what is every1 thinking about .. a right thing in our eyes doesnt mean that it's also a right thing is others' eyes..

When we do law, there is something debatable called 'deterrent effect'. It means punishment can help reduce crimes because it deters people from commiting crimes.Of course, this is a controversial issue and there is much debate about whether it exists. For example, when drunk driving is a crime. Sometimes when I go out with people who are already working (as they are in a choir with me), they would only take one wine/beer because 'I'll have to drive home'. So in a sense, for those people it does deter them. However, how do you know? Maybe those people are more concerned about their safety, than being caught of 'drunk driving'.Also there is a research showing the statistics in some states of the US that when they abolished death sentence, the rate of crimes decreases! So there seems to be no corresponse between harsh punishment and level of crimes. Another argument is that when people commit crimes, they don't really think about how much punishment they'll get if they get caught. For instance, a lot of people commit manslaughter (kill without intent) in a car accident because they are careless. They never thought of killing anyone...or the punishment of it. As for hardened criminals, they are going to commit crimes anyway, no matter what. For example, suicide bombers don't worry about punishment as they are going to die in the bomb anyway.So punishment doesn't prevent ALL crimes. ;)

When we do law, there is something debatable called 'deterrent effect'. It means punishment can help reduce crimes because it deters people from commiting crimes.

Of course, this is a controversial issue and there is much debate about whether it exists.

For example, when drunk driving is a crime. Sometimes when I go out with people who are already working (as they are in a choir with me), they would only take one wine/beer because 'I'll have to drive home'. So in a sense, for those people it does deter them. However, how do you know? Maybe those people are more concerned about their safety, than being caught of 'drunk driving'.

Also there is a research showing the statistics in some states of the US that when they abolished death sentence, the rate of crimes decreases! So there seems to be no corresponse between harsh punishment and level of crimes.

Another argument is that when people commit crimes, they don't really think about how much punishment they'll get if they get caught. For instance, a lot of people commit manslaughter (kill without intent) in a car accident because they are careless. They never thought of killing anyone...or the punishment of it.

As for hardened criminals, they are going to commit crimes anyway, no matter what. For example, suicide bombers don't worry about punishment as they are going to die in the bomb anyway.

So punishment doesn't prevent ALL crimes.  :D

54296[/snapback]

well, if everyone becomes enlightened in the future then there probably would be no crimes but that's going to take a while. Anyway, to lessen the amount of crimes you can:

a. giving people a good education (build more schools instead of more prisons), a good enviroment, good jobs, etc by stopping corruption and putting more restrictions on corporations...

b. getting rid of racism.

c. teach people at a young age compassion, etc. instead of shoving them near a TV and giving them tons of videogames.

d. Give your money to good small companies so that it doesn't go into the hands of people like George Dubya Bush. This would do more than voting because the voting system is already corrupted. This way, giant corporations like Wal-mart and Gap would lose power and we would have a fair society where the president doesn't commit crimes like lessening people's freedom of speech, killing innocent iraqies, etc...

eventually, we'll find a way to prevent crime. I think in the furutre we might have digital money so that people can't rob from banks. And you might need a card to buy things instead of having paper money. Then again, people can steal oyur card or hack into your banking accoutn. Darn it!But eventually, we'll be able to make a super cool security system that prevents people from doing crimes. But who knows. Theres no possible way to stop people from doing crimes, even if they know the consquesnces (can't spell XP). So, I hope my pointless paragraph helped a little :D

not9t9"There are only two solutions to "eradicate" crime completely.
(1) Eliminate all laws. Make everything legal and you would have no crime!

(2) Eliminate the human population. With no one out there to commit the crime, there would be no crime."

i agree with this. we cant stop the crime, just prevent them, or at least lessen it(?) (still not sure). maybe its a balance thing, and showing good examples to others can helP especially the young once! =)

Yeah sure. If they get TOOOO much to handle... then just get those chips stick in their brains and when they think about doing illegal things BANG it zaps them them. So if they think of doing a lot of illegal things or does it then they die because of heir own fault.Naa lol kidding.Well it could help if the Victims were actually ready with like a bat in their handbag or something.Well,, Where there is Good there is always Evil. Where there is Evil there is always Good.

Yeah sure. If they get TOOOO much to handle... then just get those chips stick in their brains and when they think about doing illegal things BANG it zaps them them. So if they think of doing a lot of illegal things or does it then they die because of heir own fault.

Naa lol kidding.

Well it could help if the Victims were actually ready with like a bat in their handbag or something.

Well,, Where there is Good there is always Evil. Where there is Evil there is always Good.

59547[/snapback]

good and evil aren't actually real, in my opinion at least. :angry: they are just labels people put on stuff, even though everythings not just black and white, you see what i'm saying, homie?

good and evil aren't actually real, in my opinion at least.  :lol: they are just labels people put on stuff, even though everythings not just black and white, you see what i'm saying, homie?

59643[/snapback]

Yeah. You're saying the next time a woman's kid gets murdered that you'd like to go tell her the murderer was just following his own path in life, what was right for him, and that there's no such thing as good or evil. You're saying that there is no moral law and thus all is allowable, permissible, and that we can destroy, rape, and kill to our heart's content as long as we can get away with it. Right? :rolleyes:

I say crime and violence can be eliminated only if all can have the love of Jesus in their hearts or else those without it are locked away in some place for eternity, let's call it something interesting, like, say, "The Lake of Fire."