xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Need Some Paypal Help

Hello trappers...oops that was a mistake....

Now coming onto the topic i have a premier paypal account which i registered 7-8 months ago now when i log in to my paypal account it asks me to enter my pan card number........who tells them i am just 18 and still few months left to get my any id proof...the paypal account is on my name, so any suggestion on what i should do now? How can I get rid of this pan card details? I was also trying to register a personal paypal account but this was the worst thing, they were asking to write pan card number in the registration form only :(

I would also like to verify my paypal account because it is still unverified, so anyone who knows much about paypal can answer would be great

Thanks!!

BTW finally i just managed to write my return post :lol:

Hello trappers...oops that was a mistake....

Now coming onto the topic i have a premier paypal account which i registered 7-8 months ago now when i log in to my paypal account it asks me to enter my pan card number........who tells them i am just 18 and still few months left to get my any id proof...the paypal account is on my name, so any suggestion on what i should do now? How can I get rid of this pan card details? I was also trying to register a personal paypal account but this was the worst thing, they were asking to write pan card number in the registration form only :(

I would also like to verify my paypal account because it is still unverified, so anyone who knows much about paypal can answer would be great

Thanks!!

BTW finally i just managed to write my return post :lol:

What is a "pan card?" Is it something in India like an ID card or something?

Yes, a pan card is kind of like your social security number I guess. Its something technically every citizen should have, stands for Personal Account Number or something.@Asker:I dunno. I think you can get the number from any of your friends/relatives who are not going to use paypal and use their PAN instead. Just go into your account and rename yourself to their name which shouldn't be too hard. Of course they'll technically have to pay tax and if you don't want that to happen you don't really have a choice. Thats probably one of the reasons they chose this method :P

@rpgsearcherz: PAN card is like Tax ID/SSN.@Livepcportal: You don't need to be 18 years to get pan card. Even 5 year old kid can get PAN card. You can get that card in 15 days from NSDL. Apply for pan card from your nearest income tax office. You can also fill out form online and then send money to them for card via DD or credit card. There are some tax payment sites where they can do this job for you if you have credit card or debit card. Some banks also help their customers to get PAN card. See that with your nearest bank. Paypal is making this PAN card manadatory in order to avoid future issues. So give them what they want and avoid trouble of limiting your PP account in future.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.In the U.S. we don't have to give any of that -- we just give our name/address and we're good to go, :P. Even when withdrawing.

@mahesh2k: What ID proof is required to get pan card, actually the problem is i never feel importance of any id proof and now i don't have any id proof....neither i possess a bank account, that means i don't have any credit or debit card of my own.I was just thinking if i can put my father's or mother's pan card number in my paypal account without changing my details to my father or my mother. And later on when i will get my own pan card i will put my pan card number in it instead of someone else. Is this possible??Regarding other problem can i use my father's credit or debit card to verify my paypal account. If yes, then will I be able to link my own bank account or credit/debit card to my paypal account later on when i get my own!This paypal is now killing me.....even studying chemistry is much more easier!@rpgsearcherz: That is why US is developed nation and we are still developing ;)

Edited by livepcportal (see edit history)

@mahesh2k: What ID proof is required to get pan card, actually the problem is i never feel importance of any id proof and now i don't have any id proof....neither i possess a bank account, that means i don't have any credit or debit card of my own.
I was just thinking if i can put my father's or mother's pan card number in my paypal account without changing my details to my father or my mother. And later on when i will get my own pan card i will put my pan card number in it instead of someone else. Is this possible??

Regarding other problem can i use my father's credit or debit card to verify my paypal account. If yes, then will I be able to link my own bank account or credit/debit card to my paypal account later on when i get my own!

This paypal is now killing me.....even studying chemistry is much more easier!

@rpgsearcherz: That is why US is developed nation and we are still developing ;)

Nooo! I'd NEVER compare it to chemistry! Its not that hard to get PAN actually. There's actually a government site where you can apply and you'll get it directly without any hassle. I'm not even sure about the procedure I took as I did it with a bunch of people and things just happened and we all got our cards. You really should get your PAN card soon though. You've got nothing to lose anyway!

@mahesh2k: What ID proof is required to get pan card, actually the problem is i never feel importance of any id proof and now i don't have any id proof....neither i possess a bank account, that means i don't have any credit or debit card of my own.
I was just thinking if i can put my father's or mother's pan card number in my paypal account without changing my details to my father or my mother. And later on when i will get my own pan card i will put my pan card number in it instead of someone else. Is this possible??

Regarding other problem can i use my father's credit or debit card to verify my paypal account. If yes, then will I be able to link my own bank account or credit/debit card to my paypal account later on when i get my own!

This paypal is now killing me.....even studying chemistry is much more easier!

@rpgsearcherz: That is why US is developed nation and we are still developing ;)

Choose from following ID proof options:
- Driving License
- Ration Card (with your name in it)
- Voters card (if you're 18)
- Telephone/Electricity bill(for address verification)
- Passport(i'm not sure about this)

Yes you can use fathers name/card for validating paypal account(this is allowed because you're in family with same sirname). I'm using my fathers credit card for validating (though i've my own) :D

In the U.S. we don't have to give any of that -- we just give our name/address and we're good to go, :P. Even when withdrawing.

That is because you've better security on & off internet. FBI/CIA is watching you guys. And with forms F9 etc, they're keeping eye on your internet income as well. There is no such thing here in india. This ID proof is just one step ahead of doing what US already did in terms of security. Here in asia, you can create passport for bin laden easily ( :P J/K little bit exaggerated but there are examples how our security is compromised when one politician(raj thackerey) demonstrated by creating ration card(ID) on name of famous terrorist (kasab)who attacked on 26/11).