xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Going Back To High School.

Im about to be 19, i quit my high school in the middle of my senior year, after that i went out and got a GED. Yet the GED isnt enough for me i would want to go back and get my high school diploma....can i go back to high school and get my high school diploma even thogh i have a GED?

Im about to be 19, i quit my high school in the middle of my senior year, after that i went out and got a GED. Yet the GED isnt enough for me i would want to go back and get my high school diploma....can i go back to high school and get my high school diploma even thogh i have a GED?

I'm almost positive you still can, especially if you're still at the high-school age.

I would check with the high school you went to before and question them on it -- though I don't think they should punish you for wanting to go back!

(I think I remember a news report about a 80+ year old lady who went back to high school to finish her degree)

i don't think there is a specific age for get education, but still depending on your country and the rules in there. so check it out first and then you could decide. after all i really think if you have a strong desire to study and finish your high school, then you will find a way, just go for it and good luck.

Even i think that there is no age to going back to school. And we all should encourage others to get formal education or degree no matter what is the age. If any country have retard government or rule that stops people from taking education based on age then they need to wake up and deal with this. There is need for more education as it'll improve more understanding in citizen and overall humanity. Better the education, better life for that person. I hope you go back to school and get your degree. Don't forget to enjoy your time in between. All the best.

Even i think that there is no age to going back to school. And we all should encourage others to get formal education or degree no matter what is the age. If any country have retard government or rule that stops people from taking education based on age then they need to wake up and deal with this. There is need for more education as it'll improve more understanding in citizen and overall humanity. Better the education, better life for that person.
I hope you go back to school and get your degree. Don't forget to enjoy your time in between. All the best.

I completely agree with you. I have a lot of respect for people who realize they want to be better educated and do whatever it takes to get that education. It shows a lot of character.

You can surely go back to high school and get your diploma, however, I don't think that it makes much sense. I would recommend that you enroll in a community college, if you are eligible for financial aid it should cover all of the tuition and book expenses. Speak with a community college adviser and see two year program you can get into that has the best career prospect. If you can make it to 12th grade in high school, you can surely graduate from a community college and get an associate degree. If you have recently had trouble getting a job, simply mentioning on your job application that you are currently enrolled in a community college could prove much more effective than having a high school diploma because the employers can see that you are moving forward, you're pursuing a high education, and you have a goal. The work will likely be the same as the stuff that you tackled in high school, so why not? Most community colleges only have one requirement, and thats having a GED. You have one so you are on your way. If you decide against a community college, than go to a trade school. I am not sure what you mean though by GED is not enough. Does it mean that you can't find a decent job? Does it mean that it is limiting your educational future? Or what does it mean? If you are trying to say that it is limiting your educational future, I would still recommend a community college, as you can simply transfer to a four year college. If you are saying job wise, then either community college (pick major wisely) or a trade school. Whatever you decide, remember that you are only 19. Don't get discouraged because at this point you have not reason to be. Don't look back at what could have been, and look at the cards you currently have on the table and how you can turn those cards into a winning hand. I don't see high school as the winning hand for you, I see community college has the winning hard. High school is really irrelevant once you receive an associate degree. I don't think people understand how irrelevant high school really is. The purpose of high school is really to prepare you for college and serves as a way to get into a college (like a weird ranking system...hahaha). However, you don't need high school to go to a college. You only need a GED, so its not really smart to waste any more time.

As far as I understand it, you should be able to go back to complete your high school diploma. If it's something you feel you need to do then you should definitely pursue it. Knowledge and learning can only ever help us grow as people. I wish you all the best and hope you manage to finish high school!