xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
czone

Hello I'm Old but new here

Hi I'm oldhow old? well put it this way I remember the first IBM PC's and I worked for a company that still used punch cards (maybe one of the last).I stepped back from computers and stuff because I was not having any fun and changed direction in life.I still use computers & fix them but not to make a living just beer money.You know when your old then you think about that line you hear somtimes " I've forgotten more than you have learnt "and think that could be very true.BTW I loved punched cards made great shopping lists

welcome here in Xisto community czone. i hope you will have a good time with us, you could learn new things, refresh your information and have fun in the same time. there are a lot of categories in this forums that may interest you. good luck and enjoy.

hey old timer! you sure talk a lot for an old man. which means you haven't forgotten more than you learned :) so now tell us stories about the time when movie prices were a nickle! :D

hey old timer! you sure talk a lot for an old man. which means you haven't forgotten more than you learned :) so now tell us stories about the time when movie prices were a nickle! :D

lol, my grandparents do that. They also talk about when you could fill up a gas tank for 10 cents.

BTW, they said the nickel for the movie was an all-day pass and you could watch as many movies as you wanted.

I too remember punch cards and computers that took up whole rooms.

Try this!

And this!

Welcome to Xisto. Hope you find a new home here. I have been away for a while but need to get active again in order to keep my site. If you are looking for excellent free hosting, you have come to the right place. The forums here are lively as well. Enjoy! ;)

Are you still using punch cards for shopping lists? Personally I prefer envelope flaps. :lol:

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Oh Cool, another old person! I get so lonely here sometimes just chatting with all the young whipper snappers! :) And even one with a sense of humor, I like that!Of course, I don't know anything about IBM and punch cards, I may be old, but I'm new to computers. They had already invented ditital cameras when I got started on computers.