xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
twis

Where Did My Song Go?

Hi, i have started posting my songs online for all the see and copy and at least this way i will be able to proove i wrote it first when i hear them in public. Ok so i posted one straight after the little love poem and it's totally gone. I dont save them in my computer and it be nice to at least have a copy in my computer, the one that was deleted had no swearing in it. so why delete it? can i have it back?? the first line went something like,, vibrate in perfect harmony. it's really annoying when you write stuff on websites, then hear it on the radio and the website has either deleted your posts or like last time the website was totally gone. my computer is totally hacked so i can never write them and expect to keep them secret. im 99% sure you will say i never posted it, which means someone stole it. in that one percent is the chance i write the stuff here, otherwise im gone, which is so annoying because you would never belive some of the names who have sang my lines. and i cant proove it to you because of this pattern of my stuff going missing one way or the other. twis

Seems like your topic resurfaced here. Looks like you need a mod to accept the poem before it gets published or it got into pending because a mod had a problem with it.

And we are also have a problem in this forum where you post something and the post just disappears. Sorry if that happened to you. Just to be safe -- you should try to copy before you post, so your copy gets saved.

Also, if your computer is 'hacked' then we don't you 'unhack' it? There are plenty of topics in the forum about malware and virus removal tools and tips. I'm not going to list them -- search for them. That's why we have the handy search button. Here's a hint :)

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

i just read your lyric, they are in this link, please check it

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/72530-free-for-all-blah-blah/

im 99% sure you will say i never posted it, which means someone stole it. in that one percent is the chance i write the stuff here, otherwise im gone, which is so annoying because you would never belive some of the names who have sang my lines. and i cant proove it to you because of this pattern of my stuff going missing one way or the other.

and in our community there is no way that anyone will lie to you or steal your songs. the moderators and administrators here are so strict about the rules and respect all the members, they even add a copyrights for the topics in here, after the upgrade of the forum, that means if anyone wants to post something in his site that you wrote, he should ask first for the permissions of the author "which is you in your case". so please keep in mind that you are in an honest community with a real rules.

but if it happened and you lost a post, then be sure it is a kind of bug in the forums, unfortunately that happen from time to time because our admin is still working on the code after the upgrade of the forums, so for the better, copy everything before you post please.

another advice from me, you are writing a very good poems or songs and you should work more on preventing them from been stolen, posting here is a way, the other way, as i stated before, is to create your own website and post there your lyrics, this way you will get a proof and a copyrights to your lyrics. or at least save a copy in your computer of what you wrote.

i just read your lyric, they are in this link, please check ithttp://forums.xisto.com/topic/72530-free-for-all-blah-blah/

yea. dead mad posted it in the above post :)

and in our community there is no way that anyone will lie to you or steal your songs. the moderators and administrators here are so strict about the rules and respect all the members, they even add a copyrights for the topics in here, after the upgrade of the forum, that means if anyone wants to post something in his site that you wrote, he should ask first for the permissions of the author "which is you in your case". so please keep in mind that you are in an honest community with a real rules.

you are kidding, right? anyone who wants to protect their works from copyright infringement, a public forum is the LAST place you want to publish anything! this forum doesn't protect copyrights, wd. it SHARES copyrights under their own creative commons license. at least so they say. i still think it's shady business to assume a creative commons for other peoples original work and posts in a public forum. i don't think you are getting fully what a creative commons license is :) i am glad i could clear this up for you though in case you think your posts are "protected".

the best thing for him to do is create a blog and post everything on his personal website. any original content posted on the web is automatically copyrighted. you don't even need to use a copyright symbol. ofcourse, if there is any discrepency, you will have to prove that yours is the original work. you can do this by printing out anything you publish first, mail it to yourself and keep the unopened envelope. the postage will have a date stamp on it. other than that, you would have to go through the regular copyright process and pay a fee.

you are kidding, right? anyone who wants to protect their works from copyright infringement, a public forum is the LAST place you want to publish anything! this forum doesn't protect copyrights, wd. it SHARES copyrights under their own creative commons license. at least so they say. i still think it's shady business to assume a creative commons for other peoples original work and posts in a public forum. i don't think you are getting fully what a creative commons license is i am glad i could clear this up for you though in case you think your posts are "protected".

hmm, then i think i misunderstood what they meant about the creative common license in here, i remember you told me once that i can't post anything here in my site even my own posts before i give a notice first to the author. therefor i assumed everything in here is fully protected. but it's ok, according to your explanation it is partially protected. but still i think posting his work in his own website is the best way.

nope. if Xisto is still following under the creative common license, nothing is protected. everything can be shared. yes, you would have to give credit to the author either by giving a full name or providing a link to the original content. this doesn't mean the information is protected. as you can obviously see, CC implies shared content. not protected content. your original content is still protected under copyright laws, but with the creative commons license, you are giving some of your rights away. this is why "nameless" created a big stink about her posts and wanted them deleted. i understood why. it was unfair for opaque to change to a creative commons license on this forum if people didn't originally want their content shared whether credit was given or not. and personally, i still think that a creative commons license on any forum is NOT legally binding unless the members agree to it when they sign up in the forums. again though, i don't know if this forum still falls under a creative common license since i don't see anywhere where it states that expect in past posts.

Based on the law, anything you write on your own is automatically *yours*. The only issue with this is that if someone steals it you have only a couple choices:1) Request that they stop stealing your material2) You can fire off an email/letter to their ISP/Hoster and notify them about DMCA infringement3) If that doesn't work, you can file a lawsuitAs long as you're willing to fight for your rights you'll have no issues. The problem is a lot of people are too passive and don't want to take the time needed to protect themselves.Note : You do not need to copyright the material for it to be yours. That helps, but it's not required.Also, if the forum has a statement that your work belongs to the administrator, or the forums, you forfeit all rights when you post here. I haven't read it or anything as I don't post anything here I'm afraid of anyone else taking, but if it is something that bothers you I'd definitely read over the ToS.

Based on the law, anything you write on your own is automatically *yours*. The only issue with this is that if someone steals it you have only a couple choices:
1) Request that they stop stealing your material

2) You can fire off an email/letter to their ISP/Hoster and notify them about DMCA infringement

3) If that doesn't work, you can file a lawsuit

As long as you're willing to fight for your rights you'll have no issues. The problem is a lot of people are too passive and don't want to take the time needed to protect themselves.

Note : You do not need to copyright the material for it to be yours. That helps, but it's not required.

Also, if the forum has a statement that your work belongs to the administrator, or the forums, you forfeit all rights when you post here. I haven't read it or anything as I don't post anything here I'm afraid of anyone else taking, but if it is something that bothers you I'd definitely read over the ToS.

I don't think you understood what Anwiii posted about the Creative Commons License. All those would be right if it weren't for that this forum is already under a COPYWRIGHT protection. With the Creative Commons license, anyone CAN copy anything you write on this forum and post it wherever they want and even reproduce it on paper. IT is licensed but Creative commons gives any body the right to 'share,remix and reuse' which means that nothing we write on this forum is ours after we click post.

If you want any more information on the Creative Commons License here is the link.