xisto Community
rpgsearcherz

"unread Notifications" How do you get them to read read?

Has anyone else run into the issue where "Unread Notifications" stay that way, even after reading them?I've clicked through from every option -- the ones on the main page (under the Unread Notifications module), through my account, and through the drop-down menu. After getting into them, I also click on every option on each notification -- the links and everything. I've even responded to them!But so far they always still read "unread" and it's a little annoying.Is everyone else having the same problem or is there something I'm missing on getting them to be "read?"

I have exactly the same problem. After reading them, which should remove the notifications, they still sit there. If you click on the green square around the number, so you get a list of notifications, then tick the boxes next to each notification and choose the option to delete them, then they should disappear. I still think it should happen automatically though, but that's the only option at the moment, apart from turning off notifications completely.

I have exactly the same problem. After reading them, which should remove the notifications, they still sit there. If you click on the green square around the number, so you get a list of notifications, then tick the boxes next to each notification and choose the option to delete them, then they should disappear. I still think it should happen automatically though, but that's the only option at the moment, apart from turning off notifications completely.

Somehow I didn't see that earlier. After I clicked "Delete" I also noticed there is another button for "Mark all as read." Not sure if that works though since I had already clicked to delete them before I realized it was there.

me too,i can see the unread notifications still show up there even after i read all my messages, and they are really annoying. then i click on the pull down list and click on anyone of them. and when the messages page loads the unread notifications disappear and return to 0 again. another way, go to you stetting > your notification > check them all and delete.

I also noticed there is another button for "Mark all as read." Not sure if that works though

For me, that option does nothing :P They're marked as read when I read them, but it just doesn't get rid of them, so they sit there forever. Deleting them is the only option I've found that works at the moment.

For me, that option does nothing They're marked as read when I read them, but it just doesn't get rid of them, so they sit there forever. Deleting them is the only option I've found that works at the moment.

agree with you rvalkass, i tried it too, it just made them read and keep them there. so the best option for me as i stated before is deleting them. so i do that regularly to get rid of them, if anyone have any other idea please post it here.

I have had this problem before-- and I also found a simple solution. Just click on it and go inside the notification and then click on the 'Forums' link and you should go to forum and the notification would not be notified again. And if that didn't work -- which it doesn't most of the time, I just go right ahead and delete stuff like 'Username added you as a friend' but no matter what -- I always keep my PMs.