xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
magnafrost

Rss For Latest Posts

I just subscribed to the RSS feed for latest posts and I have a "make or break" suggestion. The feed now displays the starting topic of the thread which kind of does not make sense. There is already a "New topics" thread and I would much rather have the latest post in the RSS than the starting topic. Plus, I am not sure if the current RSS feed is "live" or whether there is a small delay. I seem to get updates in bunches though the problem might be from my feed reader. I just wanted to know if its possible to fix these.

I just subscribed to the RSS feed for latest posts and I have a "make or break" suggestion. The feed now displays the starting topic of the thread which kind of does not make sense. There is already a "New topics" thread and I would much rather have the latest post in the RSS than the starting topic. Plus, I am not sure if the current RSS feed is "live" or whether there is a small delay. I seem to get updates in bunches though the problem might be from my feed reader. I just wanted to know if its possible to fix these.

When you subscribe (I'm guessing you did so through clicking the icon in the top right of the forums?) you have the choice of many different options.

Based on your request I'm thinking what you want is the "Latest Posts" one. In that case, the direct link to the feed seems to be:

http://forums.xisto.com/rss/forums/6-Xisto-latest-posts/

Although I am not currently using a feed reader so I'm not completely sure -- it's weird that it's in pure text form and not formatted. I've only used the Joomla RSS feeds before but it was a lot more organized (or it could be that I'm using Google Chrome now instead of IE like I used to).

Either way, hope that helps.

When you subscribe (I'm guessing you did so through clicking the icon in the top right of the forums?) you have the choice of many different options.
Based on your request I'm thinking what you want is the "Latest Posts" one. In that case, the direct link to the feed seems to be:

http://forums.xisto.com/rss/forums/6-Xisto-latest-posts/

Although I am not currently using a feed reader so I'm not completely sure -- it's weird that it's in pure text form and not formatted. I've only used the Joomla RSS feeds before but it was a lot more organized (or it could be that I'm using Google Chrome now instead of IE like I used to).

Either way, hope that helps.

I did that. The problem is that the feed I get seems to show the starting post in the thread instead of the latest post. So basically its like I know which thread has got the latest post but thats it. Im not sure if I'm doing something wrong or whether this is a bug or if thats the only way it could work!

I did that. The problem is that the feed I get seems to show the starting post in the thread instead of the latest post. So basically its like I know which thread has got the latest post but thats it. Im not sure if I'm doing something wrong or whether this is a bug or if thats the only way it could work!

Ah, I get where you're coming from now. Sadly I do not know the answer to that. I'm thinking if that's how it's working, though, something is wrong.

You may want to PM Opaque just for confirmation.

Ah, I get where you're coming from now. Sadly I do not know the answer to that. I'm thinking if that's how it's working, though, something is wrong.
You may want to PM Opaque just for confirmation.

Oh ok .. I'll send him a PM and see whether he can do something about it ..

I dont like a lot the RSS features of maybe all the websites I am a member but in Xisto and have to register for Rss to be informed with the lastest post where I can add my opinion or make good quality post and earn mycents but I have seen now the page where the RSS are and they have a big delay because I started to post two hours ago and there isn?t any of my post so is not comfortable to receive Rss where all the post maybe are not new because the system have a lot of delays.I think that this is other of thousands of bugs this forum is suffering and I am really tired to hear here and there that the forum will work without troubles in some days later some weeks so I don?t know what believe or not. Maybe someone here can post if the rss feature is working good for him because I dont wanna to register in the rss and later get a lot of errors or something like that or get full my inbox for post that are not new and where maybe i cant to post an answer because maybe somebody here in the forum already post that answer.I hope that in somedays all the bugs in the forum maybe will be cleared and all of us will can to enjoy this forum and get a lot of fun like with Xisto.com.