xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

Posts Out Of Order? Anyone else have this issue?

Is anyone else having issues with posts being out of order? Like, for example, I just replied in a thread and their post shows as last, even though I replied after theirs. It even shows them as the last poster.This has happened a few times lately and I'm wondering if it's just my account or if you others are experiencing it as well.The timing seems to be irrelevant (such as the last one, I posted at 4:24 and they posted 5-6 minutes before that and mine still showed up before theirs and put them as the last poster).This also happens whether or not I am quoting them, so that doesn't seem to be impacting it.

Yes, I have observed this issue before though I dont think I've actually faced it. They've really been funny because in one of the posts I saw, a post had quoted a post 'after' it! For all I know it might've been yours. Now that mycents are fixed, I think opaque can start looking at these issues.The only problem I've faced now is that I posted a reply on the global warming topic, but my reply did not come up. I tried again 3 or 4 times and then I suddenly saw a "this post needs approval from a moderator before posting". I'm not exactly sure when that came up (though I'm hoping I dont get banned for spamming when I wasn't even trying to!). Sorry to the mods if it was my fault, and if it wasnt, please take a look into it opaque!

Did we just get the issue in this very thread? I could actually see opaque's reply before I clicked on "Add reply" but I go there and see that my post is there before his. RPG has a post even after that ! And I can see the timing for mine behind RPG's by about 10 minutes !

Is anyone else having issues with posts being out of order? Like, for example, I just replied in a thread and their post shows as last, even though I replied after theirs. It even shows them as the last poster.
This has happened a few times lately and I'm wondering if it's just my account or if you others are experiencing it as well.

The timing seems to be irrelevant (such as the last one, I posted at 4:24 and they posted 5-6 minutes before that and mine still showed up before theirs and put them as the last poster).

This also happens whether or not I am quoting them, so that doesn't seem to be impacting it.

I too noticed this behavior. I suppose, its because of TIMEZONE settings. :)

Yes, I have observed this issue before though I dont think I've actually faced it. They've really been funny because in one of the posts I saw, a post had quoted a post 'after' it! For all I know it might've been yours. Now that mycents are fixed, I think opaque can start looking at these issues.
The only problem I've faced now is that I posted a reply on the global warming topic, but my reply did not come up. I tried again 3 or 4 times and then I suddenly saw a "this post needs approval from a moderator before posting". I'm not exactly sure when that came up (though I'm hoping I dont get banned for spamming when I wasn't even trying to!). Sorry to the mods if it was my fault, and if it wasnt, please take a look into it opaque!

But if they show the correct times, wouldn't that mean they should be logged with the correct times as well?
Example : You would see a post that says 3:19 AM and another that says 3:42 AM but the 3:42 would be above the 3:19. If it was a time-zone issue I'd think it would show the wrong time as well.

Did we just get the issue in this very thread? I could actually see opaque's reply before I clicked on "Add reply" but I go there and see that my post is there before his. RPG has a post even after that ! And I can see the timing for mine behind RPG's by about 10 minutes !

Ok take a look at this! Definitely an issue with times. I can see that there is a lag in times. I get the feeling that the system is being used instead of server time as my post shows the exact same time. Opaque, see if you can fix this.

But if they show the correct times, wouldn't that mean they should be logged with the correct times as well?

Example : You would see a post that says 3:19 AM and another that says 3:42 AM but the 3:42 would be above the 3:19. If it was a time-zone issue I'd think it would show the wrong time as well.

Yup. I had this problem back in day. It happens like this because the server is taking into account the timezones of all the different users at a fast rate. To stop it from happening like this, set a central server time and let the users change the Timezones at their end. That's how it works on most of the forums, i don't know what timezones in IPB though, it probably works like this too. You can give it a shot!

I too noticed this behavior. I suppose, its because of TIMEZONE settings.

yeah it is absolutely about the time zone differences. i noticed that was happening long time ago. i even noticed that in pms, i mean when you are in a conversation using pms, and suddenly i see that i answered his question before he send it to me :P . it is kind of confusing and funny in same time. but in threads i noticed that is happening only recently, so maybe you could fix it opaque in some how.

I found DB server firewall was preventing time sync. There was 10 min lag. I hope this fix the problem.-shree