xisto Community
Ena

Can't Install Hp Printer Why cant install printer HP business Inkjet 2800 on win 7?

why i can't install HP business inkjet 2800 printer on win 7? it always show the printer spooler problem.how?help me please?

We need a lot more information than that. What exactly happens? What steps did you take to install it? What programs are you using?

Just saying it won't install tells us absolutely nothing.

It might be a driver issue. Try looking up for drivers compatible with Windows 7 online. Try the windows XP emulator thats built in witn Win7 and see if the printer works fine from there. If it works fine there contact HP and try to get new drivers. If it does not, you have some other problem which you need to fix.

HP have Microsoft Windows 7 drivers available for your printer here: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=429040〈=en&cc=uk Make sure you have those installed and up to date to eliminate the possibility of a driver issue.It may sound obvious, but also check the printer out for any loose or stuck bits of paper if it has been used previously. A lot of printers are over sensitive and complain at the tiniest bit of paper trapped inside them.

An HP printer needs a special treatment. The drivers of the cd that came with the printer need to be installed first. When the driver is installed the connection plug of the printer can be plugged in the computer. After that the on/off button of the printer can pushed to run the printer. The operating program can automatically detect the printer. If this doesn't happen an option is to start the computer with the printer attached and plugged in and running. Windows should detect the printer automatically.

You might want to check for your printer model on the link rvalkass posted, I had a similar problem, I had an old dell monitor that came with my old e310 computer, I got 2 new computers both running windows 7, I tried installing the printer and couldn't get it to work, I called up dell and they told me that the latest driver available for that printer was last updated for windows vista. if that's the case you might want to either use it on a different computer with another operating system or install a virtual machine, setting up a VM can be a little confusing, try googleing around a bit for some guides. but if you set up a virtual machine and install a compatible OS on it, you can use that printer :)