xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Adobe Won't Open

I recently bought a new computer w/ windows 7 on it. I installed my old version of Adobe Creative Suite 2 and now in order to view any PDF files, I have to download them to my computer and read them that way. I can't click on the links in IE* to open them. It works fine from any other avenue, emails, my documents, desktop, etc. I have tried the 32/64 thing, giving permission to open files in IE window, etc... Ideas

I recently bought a new computer w/ windows 7 on it. I installed my old version of Adobe Creative Suite 2 and now in order to view any PDF files, I have to download them to my computer and read them that way. I can't click on the links in IE* to open them. It works fine from any other avenue, emails, my documents, desktop, etc. I have tried the 32/64 thing, giving permission to open files in IE window, etc... Ideas

Do you get the black screen thing, where it looks like Adobe opened but didn't (in IE I mean)?

Or is it the error that says it cannot be opened?

If it's either of those, I've been having the same exact problems with CS4 on Windows 7 x64 *and* x32. This also happens on both IE and Firefox. I haven't found a solution for that yet, other than to right click > save as, and then run it from a location on your PC rather than through the browser.

If these aren't the issues you're having please elaborate a little more as to what's actually happening and I'll see what I can come up with.

The solution to Firefox is easy, install the PDF Download plugin and you can view PDF that way. I don't know of any IE ways to read a PDF. You may need to update the Adobe PDF and that could fix your problem.

The solution to Firefox is easy, install the PDF Download plugin and you can view PDF that way. I don't know of any IE ways to read a PDF. You may need to update the Adobe PDF and that could fix your problem.

Would the plugin make it open *in* Firefox (like with Firefox as the wrapper)? Or would it just allow you to download the file?

You could read it in the browser or download it, but reading the PDF can be tricky at times since it might or might work.