xisto Community
OpaQue

Brutal Dolphin Killing At Faroe Islands, Denmark WHAT A SHAME, Make Denmark stop killing Calderon dolphins

GOD, this awful and savageness towards the sweet dolphins, are they serious??? and how could they do that with a cold heart. they even didn't state why? or maybe they did but i couldn't find it, the images are so bloody. and i wonder where is The Humane Society from this, or they are all talk only.

Few corrections here.The Faroe Islands area is a self-governing autonomy.They aren't dolphins, they are pilot whales. Will the e-mail forwarding spammers ever learn? ...I always feel sick when I see these kind of things. No, not the mass slaughter, but when I see people whining. It's really pathetic. We eat things, got it? To eat things, you have to kill them, got it? Millions of cows are slaughtered every week and I see nobody whining about it. Why? Because they don't do it themselves. But when a small population does it themselves to eat, the media is there to make money on the 'barbaric' ways of a society. I don't see media showing us how they keep animals in cages? I don't see media showing us how they chicken starts to actually eat its own legs in its small cage because of stress? Every one of you (and me) have participated in the death of hundreds of animals by now. So don't whine, grow up to accept that food doesn't come from nowhere, you're not 12 anymore.It's really sad that all you have to show is pictures to get people to act like hypocrites.

Few corrections here.The Faroe Islands area is a self-governing autonomy.
They aren't dolphins, they are pilot whales. Will the e-mail forwarding spammers ever learn? ...

I always feel sick when I see these kind of things. No, not the mass slaughter, but when I see people whining. It's really pathetic. We eat things, got it? To eat things, you have to kill them, got it? Millions of cows are slaughtered every week and I see nobody whining about it. Why? Because they don't do it themselves. But when a small population does it themselves to eat, the media is there to make money on the 'barbaric' ways of a society. I don't see media showing us how they keep animals in cages? I don't see media showing us how they chicken starts to actually eat its own legs in its small cage because of stress? Every one of you (and me) have participated in the death of hundreds of animals by now. So don't whine, grow up to accept that food doesn't come from nowhere, you're not 12 anymore.

It's really sad that all you have to show is pictures to get people to act like hypocrites.

I see no point in kids doing the barbaric act. I can understand about adults.

I always feel sick when I see these kind of things. No, not the mass slaughter, but when I see people whining. It's really pathetic. We eat things, got it? To eat things, you have to kill them, got it? Millions of cows are slaughtered every week and I see nobody whining about it. Why? Because they don't do it themselves. But when a small population does it themselves to eat, the media is there to make money on the 'barbaric' ways of a society. I don't see media showing us how they keep animals in cages? I don't see media showing us how they chicken starts to actually eat its own legs in its small cage because of stress? Every one of you (and me) have participated in the death of hundreds of animals by now. So don't whine, grow up to accept that food doesn't come from nowhere, you're not 12 anymore.

It's really sad that all you have to show is pictures to get people to act like hypocrites.

even they are dolphins or wheals, it is the same bani. who on the earth could eat a dolphin or wheal meat, i know they are fish but they are not like usual fish, it is something like eating birds instead of chicken. i am talking here about HABITS bani, we used to eat chicken not birds. we used to eat cows and sheeps not dogs and cats. 

also wheals are kind of rare animals, they are rest of the unique thing in the world. so if someone want to eat fish eat fish not wheals. 

also bani, we eat chicken and cows that are from the beginning grown to be used for human food. for example, there are farms that have chicken only used for getting eggs from them, so they never slaughter them for meat. same for cows, if they have cows for getting milk , they never slaughter them for their meat. this is kind of organization for benefit the humans without affecting the animals. so we should eat what we want without make that creatures to extinct, this is the rules of the nature and this how things should be, 

I see no point in kids doing the barbaric act. I can understand about adults.

Let me tell you something then. Some kids are taught to fish by their dads/moms. In this process often you need worms. Now, do I have to explain what they do with worms when fishing? Now let's move on to killing fish. What is the difference between killing a worm, a fish, and a whale? OKay, whale is bigger, but does that make its life more important? Because it's shown in documentaries?

even they are dolphins or wheals, it is the same bani. who on the earth could eat a dolphin or wheal meat, i know they are fish but they are not like usual fish, it is something like eating birds instead of chicken. i am talking here about HABITS bani, we used to eat chicken not birds. we used to eat cows and sheeps not dogs and cats.
also wheals are kind of rare animals, they are rest of the unique thing in the world. so if someone want to eat fish eat fish not wheals. 

also bani, we eat chicken and cows that are from the beginning grown to be used for human food. for example, there are farms that have chicken only used for getting eggs from them, so they never slaughter them for meat. same for cows, if they have cows for getting milk , they never slaughter them for their meat. this is kind of organization for benefit the humans without affecting the animals. so we should eat what we want without make that creatures to extinct, this is the rules of the nature and this how things should be,

Habits don't matter. And those are YOUR habits. A whale is no more important than a sheep. Nor is a dog. And your feelings towards them aren't going to change that. So all that is that you're saying is because it's wrong because you're not used to eating them.

Pilot whales have been hunted for centuries, they are not rare or close to extinction. Eating fish doesn't differ from eating whales. Except that whale meat is toxic, but if these guys wanna eat, I'm not going to prevent...

Benefits humans without affecting the animals? You gotta be kidding me... And you think that it's better to kill animals that have lived their whole life in a cage instead of hunt for something?

this is the rules of the nature and this how things should be,

That's nowhere near the rule of nature. You gotta try to accept things that already exist and stop making up rules for nature.

murder is different than killing, but killing will ALWAYS be a selfish act.....even for survival. so you believe in selfishness, bani? if it was between you and another life....where would your stand be? you dead or someone or something else dead? be carefull to assume that your life may be more important. you're saying that though. what you are saying is that you would die for the greater good and the greater good is still something FAR beyond the realm of your thinking......or else the world would be perfect.....unless in a perfect world there has to be killing. are you saying that?

murder is different than killing, but killing will ALWAYS be a selfish act.....even for survival. so you believe in selfishness, bani? if it was between you and another life....where would your stand be? you dead or someone or something else dead? be carefull to assume that your life may be more important. you're saying that though. what you are saying is that you would die for the greater good and the greater good is still something FAR beyond the realm of your thinking......or else the world would be perfect.....unless in a perfect world there has to be killing. are you saying that?

Ummm? You got me wrong. I don't deny that it's a selfish act. I accept humanity in all its selfishness. I'm not a hypocrite. Where I would stand? haha, I would dig in, even if it was a 3 ton whale. The species are programmed for survival. Yes, someone else dead. I never assume my life is more important, anwiii. In fact, I don't regard life to be more important than non-life. I do understand that I will pick myself over someone I don't know, I accept it.

I haven't investigated if I would die for a greater good. I would have to be given an example of greater good. What I'm talking about is the balance of energy in the system. If it was a standalone system, no killing would be required.

so then let's talk about the whales life. let's talk about if the community can survive without the slaughtering of whales. if they can't, then maybe the killings can be justified. if they can, then i have to question the morality of it. i don't think i have you wrong bani.....i just wanted to dig deeper in to this subject. you have stated that life is no more important than non life. can you elaborate on that? you also seem to intimate that one life is no better than another life which would also mean no life is worse than another life. if that is true, why would the whale have to die over someone elses life? there would be the exception of the greater good but since you have a hard time defining that in your own life, it would be hard to assume it for someone else or even another mammal or animal. so again, when you can't define the greater good, how can you begin to talk about why the whale has to die?

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

1. so then let's talk about the whales life. let's talk about if the community can survive without the slaughtering of whales. if they can't, then maybe the killings can be justified. if they can, then i have to question the morality of it. i don't think i have you wrong bani.....i just wanted to dig deeper in to this subject. 
2. you have stated that life is no more important than non life. can you elaborate on that?

3. you also seem to intimate that one life is no better than another life which would also mean no life is worse than another life. if that is true, why would the whale have to die over someone elses life? there would be the exception of the greater good but since you have a hard time defining that in your own life, it would be hard to assume it for someone else or even another mammal or animal. so again, when you can't define the greater good, how can you begin to talk about why the whale has to die?

1. There are many things we could survive without that require the death of many animals. One of them is meat. Yet the majority chooses killing another animal for their own their desire of meat even though they don't need it to survive. So, if this community could survive without slaughtering the whales, they would kill other animals for food, wouldn't they? What makes a whale more worthy of life than a cow? Or a vegetable?

2. The question here is "what makes life more important than non-life?" Because life can manipulate non-life? No.

3. No, lives are equal in my perspective. But, I'm not saying killing another being is justified by something higher than the simple fact that you've been programmed to survive/or actually not, since you don't need meat to survive. It's in human nature. It's a simple fact that you have to accept. I'm not saying you'll have to start eating meat and killing whales and cows and pigs, but you have to accept that it's the reason why most do. In many religions, other animals are much lower than humans? When you don't consider them equal, you can get your "justification" easier. I haven't studied the subject of why exactly they are considered lower, than the simple fact of human nature that assumes they are lower automatically and doesn't question things.

humans are one of the very few species that don't use natural insticts for survival. in fact, it can be easily argued that we aren't born with any natural instincts whatsoever. this is an important issue when you want to bring up human nature.you bring up cows. well cows are a somewhat similar issue when we talk about producing more meat than is needed for a healthy body. this is why i brought up the point about if killing the whales is needed or just a selfish act.you can accept selfishness and luxury desires all you want, bani.......doesn't make it right.so now i am curious. if a species were endangered, would that make a species more important to preserve than another?

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

humans are one of the very few species that don't use natural insticts for survival. in fact, it can be easily argued that we aren't born with any natural instincts whatsoever. this is an important issue when you want to bring up human nature.

No it can't be argued that we are born without any natural instincts. If you want to make such claim, explain it with something. And yes humans are born with preprogrammed stuff in them. We as a species wouldn't survive without the desire for sex, for example. Well unless you think about cloning. But don't say that we don't have natural instincts, or that we don't use them. We use them every day, whether we notice it or not.

you bring up cows. well cows are a somewhat similar issue when we talk about producing more meat than is needed for a healthy body. this is why i brought up the point about if killing the whales is needed or just a selfish act.

Well killing cows doesn't differ from killing whales, and you seem to be okay with killing cows. So what is your point? If cow dies, whale doesn't, if whale dies, cow doesn't. And the difference is? What makes killing a whale instead of a cow a selfish act? If they are equally valued, both acts are selfish.

you can accept selfishness and luxury desires all you want, bani.......doesn't make it right.

I never said it makes it right. I said just said that it is what it is.

so now i am curious. if a species were endangered, would that make a species more important to preserve than another?

In case this is about pilot whales, they are not an endangered species. And important, you say, but in what sense do you mean? You have to have something that you want before different objects can be either beneficial to it or not. The ones you consider beneficial you call "important" to act on. So for me to say they are important or not, you have to say in what sense. What is this example? What should be my goal to be able to conclude if that species is more important to preserve than others? You also imply 2 groups here, endangered and not endangered. Let's say my goal is to keep the ecosystem as stable as I can. The non-endangered species don't need me to preserve them, so I leave them alone, and try to preserve the endangered ones. So, for me to keep the ecosystem as stable as I can preserving the endangered species would be more important to preserve than to try to preserve species that don't need it (?).
Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Well killing cows doesn't differ from killing whales, and you seem to be okay with killing cows. So what is your point? If cow dies, whale doesn't, if whale dies, cow doesn't. And the difference is? What makes killing a whale instead of a cow a selfish act? If they are equally valued, both acts are selfish.

killing cows doesn't differ than killing whales? sure it does. there are a lot more cows than whales and you have already stated that a lower # of a species would be considered more important. now my whole point to this was trying to figure out the "need" to kill. you said in a previous post you accept human nature and what is, is. shouldn't there be a line drawn between what is right and what is wrong or at least take individual stands by our own individual definitions?

i would also like you to give me examples of natural human instincts that we are born with for survival purposes. in fact, i challenge you to name any natural instict we are born with. sex is not a natural instinct btw. in another thread, truefusion stated love is a choice and i disagreed with him but SEX certainly is a choice. so give me an example of what comes naturally, but more importantly, instinctively in humans. killing? no. killing is a choice despite how long we have done it.

killing cows doesn't differ than killing whales? sure it does. there are a lot more cows than whales and you have already stated that a lower # of a species would be considered more important. now my whole point to this was trying to figure out the "need" to kill. you said in a previous post you accept human nature and what is, is. shouldn't there be a line drawn between what is right and what is wrong or at least take individual stands by our own individual definitions?

I already said, they aren't an endangered species. That implies if the hunting and slaughter causes the ecosystem to become unstable. And if I want to keep the ecosystem stable. I didn't say killing something that has lower # is wrong. We were talking about endangered species. Numbers are relative to species and the ecosystem. A line should be drawn, but not with hypocrisy.

i would also like you to give me examples of natural human instincts that we are born with for survival purposes. in fact, i challenge you to name any natural instict we are born with. sex is not a natural instinct btw. in another thread, truefusion stated love is a choice and i disagreed with him but SEX certainly is a choice. so give me an example of what comes naturally, but more importantly, instinctively in humans. killing? no. killing is a choice despite how long we have done it.

What about the need to survive? 

What about the need to survive? 

that would be a thought. a natural instict is something you do naturally without thinking. give an example.