xisto Community
sukhi

Bottled Water Is A Poison For Earth

O My God !! Bottled water is Poison ?? so i guess we have to look up for some alternative. I would personally suggest every one to carry an earthen pot where ever they go :) Go Green ! Go Eco Friendly !!

I hate buying bottled water when I can get it from my tap at home instead AND it tastes better at home. Secondly for me it is a waste of plastic- if I want water I will simply bring my water bottle from home and keep it in my bag. Problem Solved :)As for it containing acids, why am I not surprised? Anything in plastic probably gets contaminated.

Going green is just fine, but I don't think I want to lug around a heavy and easily broken earthen pot. You know, plastic has been around for a lot of years now. We have all drank many gallons of milk, juice, water, pop, and every other beverage possible from them. The only exception I can think of is beer, it only comes in glass or alunimum cans, maybe we should all give up on water and just drink beer? :) Anyway, since the lifespan of humans continues to get longer and longer, I really don't see drinking from plastic a potential life threatening problem.I do think bottled water is a joke, and a really dumb thing to waste money on. Of course, we have a deep water well, and our water is very good tasting. I might sing a different tune if I had to drink clorinated city water, or lived in a town that had a lot of sulfur in the ground that leached into the water supply. I have a good supply of 1 quart plastic drinking cups I make tea in and carry around with me. If I'm going very far I make a insulated thermos full of ice tea and take that too. I never go anywhere with out my jug!

sheepdog, to add one thing, I would like to say that in my country you can buy beer in a plastic bottle, and it was like that for a lot of years, over 20 years is a guarantee :DYou can buy a plastic 2 liters bottle with beer, 1 liters bottle, even 0.5 liters bottle.. so it's no exception ;PIn most countries in Europe I was, I always saw beer plastic bottles.. Sometimes I even saw commercials that shows good plastic bottles which makes beer taste good.I personally think, beer best tastes from a glass bottle :P

I don't think all the bottles contain poison or get into poisonous plastic after some time. I think you're not aware of some brands of bottles like KOR, Nigel and many other brands. These brands use recyclable plastic or plastic which has no harmful contents for years. I don't know how much confident they're about their claims. You can search on amazon for "environment friendly water bottles". And you'll land with these bottle searches.

You can see how good water bottles are these :

Posted Image

And here is nalgene.

Posted Image

I'm of opinion that coke and pepsi bottles are more harmful than any other plastic bottle. Even some commercial water distributors have poor plastic quality in their packaging.