xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Bought A Ps2 After 10 Years Of Waiting!

Hi!I never really got onto the PlayStation movement, but it sure did reach quite a large crowd. If the difference between a PlayStation 2 and a PlayStation 3 is little, you might have just gotten yourself a PlayStation 3 because you can borrow a game from somebody while they aren't playing it. Finding someone with a PlayStation 2 would be harder because it isn't current, though if you do know folks who have a PlayStation 2 and they have a lot of games with them, it would be worth the while, as well as being able to get the PlayStation 2 games for cheap on eBay. Deadmad mentions that the PlayStation 3 costs five times as much as a PlayStation 2 and if that is true, then you've got a pretty good deal.Sony and Microsoft have simply been making minor updates to their gaming consoles, without performing a full refresh with totally new internals, so even if you would have gotten the first generation of the current consoles, like the first generation PlayStation 3 or the first generation XBox 360, that would have been cool since you would get a discount but would still be able to play the current games. But then again, just a month after you buy one, Sony and/or Microsoft could possibly announce the next refresh of their consoles, so it's a hit or miss plan.

Aren't PS2s free right about now lol? Mine is in the closet collecting dust. I don't have a PS3 though, they are too expensive and I am not a big enough gamer to waste my money on buying one. I guess ill just save my pennies for the PS4 or XBOX 460 lol.

Let's look at it this way, a PS3 is like 5x more costly than a PS2. And this way has been waiting for 10 years to buy a PS2. I doubt that he can spend 5x more money to get something new, rather than something he has always wanted. So, he can buy a PS2 or wait 40 more years and get a PS3 :lol:

I got my PS2 sometime in 2003-2004, that was the "prime time" of the PS2 era, and alot of new games like God of War were coming soon. Right now is probably the prime time for PS3, xbox 360 and the Wii. It's going to be another 2-3 years before Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft comes up with a new console. But I do wonder whats next, PS3 is super awesome. I don't think you can beat it unless you make a PS3 rip-off with better HD quality or making it more faster or something like 3D for PS4. Let's wait and see. :rolleyes:

LOL yeah... By the way, the "PS4" won't have 3D... Did you hear Sony creates 3D tv's compatible with the PS3 now? You need the glasses though. It's crazy... And yeah, i've always bought a console where it's at its point where it's going to die. I hate it. I mostly buy consoles and console games for Multiplayer. By the way, if he had a good PC, he can run a PS2 Emulator and if he wanted, he could buy a PC controller so it'd be like PS2 gameplay :P

But yeah, at the moment, i do not recommend buying any consoles. The DS keeps getting little upgrades and put on the market for like a Gazillion dollars moer than the old one, the wii is really a family console, the PS2 is expensive (so are the games), and the xbox360 isn't that expensive (the system unit) but the games are and accessories.

Aren't PS2s free right about now lol? Mine is in the closet collecting dust. I don't have a PS3 though, they are too expensive and I am not a big enough gamer to waste my money on buying one. I guess ill just save my pennies for the PS4 or XBOX 460 lol.

There won't be a Xbox "460"... I hate how whenever a console comes out, some dood makes up *BLEEP* for the next console name and photoshops an image. People said it was going to be called like the "xbox ultimate" or some *BLEEP*. They even called it the "Xbox Xenon" until the release of the actual information. It clearly shows the damn *BLEEP*ers who lie where their place is. lols

Why not a Ps3? Alot of new games, daily updates, and some versions can play PS2 games. The Ps2 is dead. no more games (besides sports such as football) are coming out for it. I got my PS2 in 2008 wnich was a misfortune because it was dieing out. No new games, etc. Online of the PS2 communities are only active for Socom Combined Assault. Every other game has a server shut down or a non-active community! Though, if you're extremely cheap or broke, the PS2 games are like $5 so that's a pro.

By the way, if he had a good PC, he can run a PS2 Emulator and if he wanted, he could buy a PC controller so it'd be like PS2 gameplay :P

Part of waiting through 10 years included seeing many great games come and go on the PS2. I wanted to experience these games myself, in full detail, which only a PS2 played using a TV could give, and not the bugged-up emulator, which is still imperfect. The PS2 may be dead but there's still a great collection of games out there waiting to be collected and almost all of them cost very little, as you mentioned. So no matter how many people criticise the decision of buying a PS2 today, I'd say it's a very sensible decision for a die-hard gamer.

Let's look at it this way, a PS3 is like 5x more costly than a PS2. And this way has been waiting for 10 years to buy a PS2. I doubt that he can spend 5x more money to get something new, rather than something he has always wanted. So, he can buy a PS2 or wait 40 more years and get a PS3 :lol:

Nah, if I wanted I could very well catch the bus to the nearest city and buy the PS3 this very moment (they don't sell those in my town). But then I'd have to cough up a premium amount for every game I want to buy and I'm not that rich yet :P What's the use of buying an expensive console if you can't afford to build a collection of games for it? Instead I've got myself a 32-inch full-HD TV and games like God of War are really awesome on the huge screen :D You could say that instead of spending all of my money on a console at once, I looked into the future and decided that the PS2 was a better purchase instead. The PS3 is on its way to my home too, and it will definitely arrive before 40 years :P

No one's going to give you a free piece of technology just because it's outdated :P No, Sony will continue milking money from the PS2 for as long as they can. Btw, if Microsoft wanted to give the next XBox a similar name, it would be 720, and not 460 :)

LOL yeah... By the way, the "PS4" won't have 3D... Did you hear Sony creates 3D tv's compatible with the PS3 now? You need the glasses though. It's crazy...

3D-TV without glasses is on its way. I've read about it somewhere but am too lazy right now to search and post the info here :P But it's definitely coming!