xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kleong

Problem With Iso File

I have a problem and hopefully someone can help me out with it.I have an iso file which contains an application for a Mac and it is in the HFS format. I have tried using software like PowerISO, UltraISO, MagicISO (in my Window XP). They shows me just a few files, none of them which is what I want to change. I know the HFS part is not accessible in Window. Is there a way to make them show up? I have tried opening the iso in my Tiger OS but when I tried to replace the file, it tells me that the package is not modifiable. When I tried to the change the permission, it gave me the error code 195 message. What should I do?Btw, I have a dmg format of the same file and I am facing the same problem with the iso.So my question, is there anyway I can replace the file in the iso and save it as an iso?Many thanks in advance.

You can burn an ISO image to a disk (unpack) and then make your altercations. Once you have made your modification you can then recreate another ISO image.As far as I know, it's hard to modify few files within ISO because of checksum.

well i don't know if that could help you or not, but i usually open the iso files by "virtual clone cd". this way i don't have to burn the iso image, i just open it in my hard drive as a virtual and do whatever i want but if that will show the HFS file or not, i am not sure. so if you want give it a try and see, good luck.

well i don't know if that could help you or not, but i usually open the iso files by "virtual clone cd". this way i don't have to burn the iso image, i just open it in my hard drive as a virtual and do whatever i want but if that will show the HFS file or not, i am not sure. so if you want give it a try and see, good luck.

Thanks web_designer. I have tried with virtual clone cd and nope the HFS file is not showing up. I will try to find out more if there is any software which does it. Thanks.

You can burn an ISO image to a disk (unpack) and then make your altercations. Once you have made your modification you can then recreate another ISO image.
As far as I know, it's hard to modify few files within ISO because of checksum.

I have manage to mount the dmg/iso and modified the necessary file. So now, it is to recreate an iso with the mounted image. From Tiger to iso, now I need to find a way. Thanks.

well i made a quick search on the net, and couldn't find a lot of good links.here are some of links hope it will help
http://geekyninja.com/archives/how-to-read-hfs-volumes-on-windows/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
luck.

hey dude.....dont noe about that error much but why dont you try to use demon tool instead...!!may be it'll work for you !!

I have tried using daemon tool but it does not help me with what I wanted to do.