xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soviet Rathe

Trap17 Irc?

IRC for trap?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ohiI'd like you to know that I'm planning on making an IRC server for trap, for those of you who don't know, IRC = Internet Relay Chat.basically it will be a server where people can connect and chat with any irc client like xchat or mirc, programs like these hardly use any resources and run in the background, so you can idle in them 24/7 with no problems! (like I do :))I think this would be great for trap, of course, I want to see what Opaque thinks about this, but atleast I think we should give it a trial to see how it goes.so what do you think?PS: it's about 4:00 AM right now so if my typing sounds tired that's cause I am :P

great idea soviet, recently you have brilliant ideas to support this forum, not meaning you didn't have any before Posted Image

and i think that opaque should pay you for that hahaaaaPosted Image

now seriously, i like the idea and support you completely but i think you shouldn't put it in public unless we get more trappers again. i mean after the upgrade of the forum finished and mycent back again and everything back to normal. or your chat will end up including me,you,anwiii,bani and ash for the most, Posted Image.

really i don't want to depressed you but unfortunately this is the truth and i don't want you to be disappointed again. anyway, this is only my opinion so good luck soviet.

ohi
I'd like you to know that I'm planning on making an IRC server for trap, for those of you who don't know, IRC = Internet Relay Chat.
basically it will be a server where people can connect and chat with any irc client like xchat or mirc, programs like these hardly use any resources and run in the background, so you can idle in them 24/7 with no problems! (like I do :))

I think this would be great for trap, of course, I want to see what Opaque thinks about this, but atleast I think we should give it a trial to see how it goes.

so what do you think?

PS: it's about 4:00 AM right now so if my typing sounds tired that's cause I am :P

Soviet I already suggest this a while ago to BH and Opaque and brought it up again the other day. He said they are to insecure. Also you have to pay for xchat or mirc which I don't think many will do. (illegal download activity detected :D)

Soviet I already suggest this a while ago to BH and Opaque and brought it up again the other day. He said they are to insecure. Also you have to pay for xchat or mirc which I don't think many will do. (illegal download activity detected :))

hmmm, sorry I didn't see your thread.
MIRC is free I think, but if not then there are free alternatives out there.
I agree IRC's are insecure but you have me as admin xD I'm an expert at irc so if someone tries to take over our channel or anything else happens then I can stop it!

@Web_Designer, I don't think i'll be disappointed on this one, an irc channel is easy to make and if it will be just a few users on it then so be it, Xisto is all about helping and I think an irc would be excellent in doing so. my irc client is open 24/7 so another empty server tab won't bother me too much :P

I didn't make a thread that's why you didn't see it :), I was on late on here on the IPB chat talking to him about having a IRC he was just saying it is to insecure to have.

The irc is up, and I have included instructions for connecting to it!

XChat is 100% free for linux users.
For ubuntu users: sudo apt-get install xchat

For windows you can use MIRC
MIRC is a trial, but the trial is forever, the only difference from the trial and paid version is when you start it there will be a splash asking you to upgrade, but it only takes a second to exit it.

Once you have installed an irc client follow this link to be connected to the server, and automatically join the channel:
irc://hub.dab.biz/Xisto

if that doesn't work you can start the client and connect to the server:
hub.dab.biz

once on the server type /join #Xisto

If you do not wish to install a client, or have problems using a client you can connect to the web based irc client here

@ash, k, I know Opaque doesn't really want this but it couldn't hurt to have a trial and see how this goes :) if it goes well I can discuss with Opaque to make a subdomain redirect so the irc url will be knowledgesurta.com instead of hub.dab.biz :D

Ask me any questions and i'll be happy to help :P my irc name is Soviet

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

We're having lots of fun in the IRC chat.. anyone who doesn't join is missing out on a lot of excitement!

well i give it a try today, just a few minutes ago Posted Image, and seems interesting. good work soviet but you should bring more people there, good luck.

well i give it a try today, just a few minutes ago Posted Image, and seems interesting. good work soviet but you should bring more people there, good luck.

Soviet and I are usually in there but I got disconnected..I'm back in there for now.. alone with LadyGaga. Sorry nobody was there when you joined web_designer.

Any Xisto mods/admins who join the IRC and confirm their identity by pming me (while I'm in irc at the time) Will get full admin privileges, Full ops go to both admins AND mods. I goal right now is to get Opaque in :)Right now my friend's server is being ddos's, you can still join the IRC but it may be laggy and you may get disconnected at times.Tomorrow i'm moving the channel to Rizon (a good reliable host) so after that there will be no problems, I am also going to be adding some fun bots to the channel :P however right now there is already a fun bot that you can play with :D

well i tried early this morning to check out your IRC, but couldn''t connect to the server, so it seems the server was down. and this is the third time i try to enter and find no one Posted Image. i am not that interested because i didn't use IRC in my life before and don't know how it works, but i did it for supporting you. so i will try from time to time and see. good job and good luck soviet.